Buehrle wins 2010 P Gold Glove

Real

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
He won this award on opening day.

I'm not joking.

Pretty much. And this is sorta off-topic, but there was a great article on ESPN (one that I can't post because it's premium content) breaking down the Sox' ineptitude defensively this past year. According to Baseball Info Solutions, the Sox were 5th worst in baseball with a -30 runs saved total. And the positions of 1B/3B/RF produced a staggering -65 runs saved. That boggles the mind. We ain't ever gonna close the gap on the Twins until we start catching the f***ing baseball. CQ has no business in RF, and unless we can sign Adrian Beltre (no chance in hell of happening), Morel deserves first dibs at 3B. Mark Teahen has no business playing a significant role on any team with hopes of contending. f***ing dumbass extension. I'm done now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 06:08 PM)
Pretty much. And this is sorta off-topic, but there was a great article on ESPN (one that I can't post because it's premium content) breaking down the Sox' ineptitude defensively this past year. According to Baseball Info Solutions, the Sox were 5th worst in baseball with a -30 runs saved total. And the positions of 1B/3B/RF produced a staggering -65 runs saved. That boggles the mind. We ain't ever gonna close the gap on the Twins until we start catching the f***ing baseball. CQ has no business in RF, and unless we can sign Adrian Beltre (no chance in hell of happening), Morel deserves first dibs at 3B. Mark Teahen has no business playing a significant role on any team with hopes of contending. f***ing dumbass extension. I'm done now.

Well if you're counting Morel as the starting 3b at this point, every one currently thought to be in our starting lineup besides CQ(and hopefully Q isn't the every day rf this upcoming season) is at least above average defensively, so there's a start.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
That's awesome for Buehrle. He's basically guaranteed to win it as long as he stays healthy now...and Joe West doesn't umpire every game he pitches.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
I agree. He's a great defensive pitcher, but that play was ridiculous.

Both of these.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 06:07 PM)
Well if you're counting Morel as the starting 3b at this point, every one currently thought to be in our starting lineup besides CQ(and hopefully Q isn't the every day rf this upcoming season) is at least above average defensively, so there's a start.

That's my thinking. Leaving RF and 3B out, the Sox were above average at every position, in my view. Certainly improved from recent years. And Teahen isn't starting at 3B, so there will probably be an upgrade there, and Quentin, I hope, isn't in RF.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 06:20 PM)
That's my thinking. Leaving RF and 3B out, the Sox were above average at every position, in my view. Certainly improved from recent years. And Teahen isn't starting at 3B, so there will probably be an upgrade there, and Quentin, I hope, isn't in RF.

Congrats to Mark.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 9, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
11/9/10: The date the GG award officially died for me.

This award needs to be motherf***ing abolished ASAP. It's become beyond despicable.

It lasted for you that long? Man, if it was still alive, it spent the last 12 years or so as a zombie.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 9, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
It lasted for you that long? Man, if it was still alive, it spent the last 12 years or so as a zombie.

It had originally died for me last year when Franklin Gutierrez got fleeced. I wanted to give it one more chance. But Jeter again? Over Ramirez? Andrus? Pennington? May as well give the AL MVP to Milton Bradley.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 9, 2010 -> 02:42 PM)
11/9/10: The date the GG award officially died for me.

This award needs to be motherf***ing abolished ASAP. It's become beyond despicable.

Once Palmeiro won it in 1999 with 28 games played at 1B, I pretty much stopped caring about which undeserving players won it.