SOXTALK NOV/DEC '10 LIST

knightni

Each year me and my friends do Beersmas. Everyone brings 12 GOOD beers to the event early in the morning. Then we draw an order and you pick a person ideally based on how much they know about and have access to good beers (but you don't know exactly what they brought). After that's done, you exchange your beer to the person that picked you and vice versa, and spend the rest of the day drinking.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (3E8 @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
Each year me and my friends do Beersmas. Everyone brings 12 GOOD beers to the event early in the morning. Then we draw an order and you pick a person ideally based on how much they know about and have access to good beers (but you don't know exactly what they brought). After that's done, you exchange your beer to the person that picked you and vice versa, and spend the rest of the day drinking.

That's a fantastic idea. Very cool.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 10:24 AM)
I gotta be honest. This was just a terrible list idea. We probably could've done 2 or 3 other lists in the time it's taken for this one.

I agree that we could have done more lists, but I think once we get rolling we'll get some good conversations going. I won't complain about lists taking time. I worked with knightni and flasoxxjim on geting the info on the beers. It was a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 10:24 AM)
I gotta be honest. This was just a terrible list idea. We probably could've done 2 or 3 other lists in the time it's taken for this one.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 27, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)
Agreed.

Go ahead and start your own lists. There's nothing stopping you.

Edited by Leonard Zelig