Paul Konerko Re-Signs with White Sox

ozzfest

I am a little bit surprised that Konerko's ego got in the way of this, with Dunn's contract numbers.

So if Paulie was on the Nationals, he would want 1/2 of Jayson Werth's contract numbers to come back?

You kind of had a feeling when Thome left that Konerko might not be long for this organization....but I also have the feeling that KW was setting this up as a PR situation for the club not to look bad and he never really had a second thought about giving him $15 million per season.

Well, if you go back to pre 2005, when we could split contracts up and bring in smaller pieces...2-3 veteran players instead of 1 star like Lee/Ordonez, that seemed to work well last time. Let's hope KW can do as well as he did with Putz, Vizquel, Andruw Jones and even Castro last year.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 06:20 PM)
Oh man. I hope Lee is healthy, and we actually have a shot at him. And he only wants a 1yr deal. And it isn't more than $7m. Otherwise, Viciedo may challenge Reynolds for the K Krown.

You do realize how far off you are in this claim, dont you?

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 05:22 PM)
The story about KW being ready to announce the signing, and then the snag taking place makes no sense. It would seem like the money parameters would have to be agreed upon to even think the deal was close.

Bingo. Its garbage. KW is using Cowley to get a story out about moving on. Snag takes place then Landis won't return a call? right...

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)
The DLEE/Reliever tandem is probably the most fiscally sound decision this organization can maker here. Not to mention the fact that it makes an incredible amount of baseball sense too. The draft picks make this decision even more logical.

You are on a roll this afternoon!

QUOTE (Big Daddy Kool @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
Glad to see Phil not covering anything:

ChiTribRogersFor what it's worth, my dad says Don Meredith was the best table shuffleboard player he's ever

Rogers is 100% worthless. He's right up there with Levine.

KW: "We have meetings with other guys representatives tonight with the mindset to try and get a deal done." PK your move. - Chuck Garfien

KW def sending a message to PK camp today. Said it was safe to assume in 24 hours there would be a #WhiteSox player to discuss (PK or other) - Brett Ballantini

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
I'm pretty convinced that Cowley just sits on his recliner drinking beer and tweeting things that sound plausible (or not). He's probably not in Orlando right now...in fact, he's probably never even seen the inside of the Sox clubhouse. For all I know, he's an A.I. (I use the "I" liberally) broadcasting over the Internet.

Cowleytron.

Would Cowley pass a Turing test?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 11:40 PM)
Asked KW if a 3rd option (1. PK 2. others) could be NOT spending for a new player: "When Jerry gives me some money, I'm spending it" - Brett Ballantini

Haha, I love it! I honestly think Viciedo will not be in the Sox organization when January comes around.