2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
I doubt theres much difference but got Madden 12 today.

There is a fatal flaw when playing the game on Pro. You can bomb passes to Johnny Knox all day, the corners are too slow or they bite on absolutely nothing.

I did have fun playing it against my friend today though. I'm gonna have to find some good sliders, because I know All-Pro will end up kicking my ass since my level of play is right in between pro and all-pro.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
I doubt theres much difference but got Madden 12 today.

the 26-year-old male gym teacher at my school called out sick today.

he's totally at home playing Madden, I just know it.

Live it UP, Coach P! :)

Edited by SouthSideTeacher

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:34 AM)
PS3 died the other day.

Trying out a repair service, if it works, I'll post about it.

I'm not sure where you live, but I got my PS3 fixed at Chicago Gadgets (http://www.chicagogadgets.com/), and their "temporary" fix lasted 6 months for me, and only cost $50. Only problem is you get no warranty, but like I said, mine lasted 6 months, and they don't wipe your harddrive, so you retain all your data, which was huge for me.

Then I took it to Rockford PC the 2nd time, and they offered a 6 Mo. warranty, and holy s*** did I need that. It broke twice since they have fixed it, in about a 2 months span. I don't know if the system just got worse and worse, or if they just did a half-ass job, but it never lasted. They also charged $50, and their warranty included "2 free repairs within 6 months of original fix", so I only paid for the first repair, but it was not fun.

I eventually caved and bought a brand new 320 GB PS3 Slim w/ the Move Sports Bundle package. $350 on Amazon.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 11:43 PM)
I start on All- Pro but eventually can win on All Madden when i get a feel for the game.

Me too. Although on this new one I've just killed the computer in the three games I've played on All-Pro.

I decided to throw together my own Madden cover. Now that I've done the pain in the butt part of all the background bears s*** and all that, if anyone has a player request, I'll hook it up.

peppersmadden.th.jpg

Going to do a HoF one for sweetness next.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 12:44 AM)
I'm not sure where you live, but I got my PS3 fixed at Chicago Gadgets (http://www.chicagogadgets.com/), and their "temporary" fix lasted 6 months for me, and only cost $50. Only problem is you get no warranty, but like I said, mine lasted 6 months, and they don't wipe your harddrive, so you retain all your data, which was huge for me.

Then I took it to Rockford PC the 2nd time, and they offered a 6 Mo. warranty, and holy s*** did I need that. It broke twice since they have fixed it, in about a 2 months span. I don't know if the system just got worse and worse, or if they just did a half-ass job, but it never lasted. They also charged $50, and their warranty included "2 free repairs within 6 months of original fix", so I only paid for the first repair, but it was not fun.

I eventually caved and bought a brand new 320 GB PS3 Slim w/ the Move Sports Bundle package. $350 on Amazon.

I did live in Kankakee (hour south of Chicago) but now Columbia, Missouri.

The place I sent it to is GopherMods by the University of Minnesota. They have a warranty (2 months free, 6 for $30) and have been extremely professional so far.

They also keep my data in tact, which was the big plus, so I can back it up.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)
I decided to throw together my own Madden cover. Now that I've done the pain in the butt part of all the background bears s*** and all that, if anyone has a player request, I'll hook it up.

peppersmadden.jpg

Going to do a HoF one for sweetness next.

OH NO THE MADDEN COVER JINX!

Seriously though. thats awesome Steve

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)

Steve, would it be possible to get one for DeMarcus Ware? Thanks in advance.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
demarcuswarep.jpg

omg, omg, omg, omg, omg. That's so amazing. I'm a huge Cowboys fan, and happen to be wearing my Ware jersey right now. If I were to get Madden this year, I would definitely use that s***. I have all my old Madden covers with Aikman, Roy Williams (safety), Marion Barber, Miles Austin, and Felix Jones for my last one. Also did Torry Holt and Steven Jackson as well since the Rams are my 2nd team.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
omg, omg, omg, omg, omg. That's so amazing. I'm a huge Cowboys fan, and happen to be wearing my Ware jersey right now. If I were to get Madden this year, I would definitely use that s***. I have all my old Madden covers with Aikman, Roy Williams (safety), Marion Barber, Miles Austin, and Felix Jones for my last one. Also did Torry Holt and Steven Jackson as well since the Rams are my 2nd team.

Glad you like. I hope Dez Bryant dominates this year for purely selfish reasons.

I'm late to the party, so to speak, but I've spent the last 4-5 days playing NCAA Football 12. I enjoy the dynasty as a coach this year. I started as an OC, with the Akron Zips of all teams. Horrible, horrible level of talent. Went 4-8 the first year, my top recruit being a 3* Punter sadly. Next year, 3-9 (mostly simulated the game part). Offered the head coaching job at Maryland, and jumped at it.

Enjoyable game so far, though I get frustrated with the super defense pass tipping.