2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
Print and put em in your case?

I would only do it if I can get fine quality paper (like the one the publisher uses) or else it would seem really cheap...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
I would only do it if I can get fine quality paper (like the one the publisher uses) or else it would seem really cheap...

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Seems like a major bother for something so small. That said, these are very cool. I'd be more inclined to use one as a desktop background.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 04:49 PM)

Nah, I have done it every year and it looks good if the size is right and you cut it straight. I mean, it goes under the plastic covering, so you can't tell it's not the same material as the rest of it. Just make sure you print on "BEST" and you have ink. It's good.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
I'm late to the party, so to speak, but I've spent the last 4-5 days playing NCAA Football 12. I enjoy the dynasty as a coach this year. I started as an OC, with the Akron Zips of all teams. Horrible, horrible level of talent. Went 4-8 the first year, my top recruit being a 3* Punter sadly. Next year, 3-9 (mostly simulated the game part). Offered the head coaching job at Maryland, and jumped at it.

Enjoyable game so far, though I get frustrated with the super defense pass tipping.

Tell me about it. Linebackers can tip any pass that is less than 15 yards past them. And cornerbacks react in a twitch. It's hard to pass over the middle in that game.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 11:32 PM)
Tell me about it. Linebackers can tip any pass that is less than 15 yards past them. And cornerbacks react in a twitch. It's hard to pass over the middle in that game.

There's been one play for me that's pretty much unstoppable vs. the CPU the last couple years in this game where I almost exclusively pass over the middle (including this year):

5 WR Trips (empty shotgun, trips right) = "Stick"

First read should be the inside of the two slants, if there's no middle linebacker in zone coverage should be open fairly quickly if it's only man to man. If middle linebacker is there, wait for your WR to clear his zone then throw.

2nd read is the hitch route from the inside WR on the right side. Usually open if the middle linebacker is cheating to the slant.

3rd read is the outsider slanter on the left side. Same keys as the inside slant.

If the play is extended past this point, roll out to your right, wait for the slant runners to clear to near the sideline and they should open up as coverage breaks down.

All else fails, chuck up the bomb to the streak, hit the out route, or scramble if your qb has some wheels.

Your success rate v. the CPU w/this one once you've mastered it should be extremely high, even on heisman.

Yes, I probably play this game too much, but my copy of madden has yet to make it overseas....haha.

They key to playing offense with the Bears in Madden is to alter the formations... like every one of them, by tapping the right analog stick right or left to sub in a WR in any passing play where Spaeth is running out to catch a ball (since that's unrealistic).

Those complaining about pass defense need to simply play more. At first I was like F*CK I CAN'T THROW PASSES, but the last two games (against Saints/Packers), I have 6 touchdowns to 1 INT.

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 02:59 AM)
So Batman: Arkham Asylum is pretty sick

Haha I just picked it up for a few bucks on Amazon the other day and gave it a spin after seeing it mentioned in this thread recently. I enjoyed it for two or three days, but then Deus Ex: Human Revolution came in the mail. That's one I've been looking forward to for a while- and will probably occupy me for a month or two. Anyone else giving this one a shot? The original came out around the time I was a sophomore in HS, and is probably #2 in my holy trinity of games (behind Doom(s), ahead of Starcraft). From what I've read, this is a worthy sequel (actually, prequel).

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:58 AM)
Haha I just picked it up for a few bucks on Amazon the other day and gave it a spin after seeing it mentioned in this thread recently. I enjoyed it for two or three days, but then Deus Ex: Human Revolution came in the mail. That's one I've been looking forward to for a while- and will probably occupy me for a month or two. Anyone else giving this one a shot? The original came out around the time I was a sophomore in HS, and is probably #2 in my holy trinity of games (behind Doom(s), ahead of Starcraft). From what I've read, this is a worthy sequel (actually, prequel).

I've heard mixed-but-generally-positive things on another board. the main complaint is that the opposition in the game isn't really given character or fleshed out. Whereas in the original game there may be some confliction in killing everyone, in this one they're just goons in your way, meant to be mowed down. Heard lots of praise for the hacking minigame.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:58 AM)

I played the new Deus ex but unfortunately my cheating curiosity got the best of me and i ended up exploiting the infinite XP glitch after the first mission and was an unstoppable killing/hacking machine. Nice bit of achievements it got me though

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 11:46 PM)
You guys should try some of the sliders they have on Operation Sports. They make the outcomes so much more realistic.

Thats the worst thing about sports games, its so hard to get realistic gameplay..

Dead Island in two days! First reviews seem to be basically what I was expecting, fun games with some rough edges. It'll definitely be nice to have a co-op zombie game, especially since it's been described as Fallout 3 with zombies. That's more than enough for me.

QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 06:18 PM)
Dead Island in two days! First reviews seem to be basically what I was expecting, fun games with some rough edges. It'll definitely be nice to have a co-op zombie game, especially since it's been described as Fallout 3 with zombies. That's more than enough for me.

if this holds true then it's a definite purchase

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
if this holds true then it's a definite purchase

That's what it was described as in the IGN review. Not the IGN is the best or anything, but even if that's remotely true, it's enough to sell me. They said it was a little rough around the edges (something I've read all over the place, actually), but that it's still a very fun zombie RPG with a large world. That's more than enough for me to get excited about something.