2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
Just realized the new Assassins Creed, Uncharted AND Elder Scrolls all come out within 11 days of each other in November. I haven't played much video games recently but that seems like it will probably change in a few months now

I'm not even ashamed to admit that my social life will disappear for about 3 weeks once AC Revelations comes out. I can't wait.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:55 AM)
I'm not even ashamed to admit that my social life will disappear for about 3 weeks once AC Revelations comes out. I can't wait.

I'm playing AC Brotherhood right now. Everyone said it's a short game, but s***, I am like 5 hours in and I think like 18%. Maybe it's short if you just do the storyline and none of the side s***, and there is a TON of side stuff to do.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:47 AM)
Im surprised no one has mentioned this years NCAA and how awesome the new coaching carousel looks..

I love the new HDR lighting scheme. Too bad it won't be in Madden.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
Quinarvy and chw will be happy to know that none of the Wii U dev kits are final versions and to expect the system to get "beefier".

That's good. I have nothing personal against Nintendo. If they make a better machine, then good for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Any of the PS3 people getting NCAA 12? I'd really love to get into a decent online dynasty. I figured given the leanings of this board, maybe we could fill the Big Ten+2 and have a bunch of online showdowns in conference play.

If it happens, obviously I'm in and I'd take Northwestern.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
Quinarvy and chw will be happy to know that none of the Wii U dev kits are final versions and to expect the system to get "beefier".

I couldn't find a thumbs up smiley, so here's a monkey :chimp

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
Any of the PS3 people getting NCAA 12? I'd really love to get into a decent online dynasty. I figured given the leanings of this board, maybe we could fill the Big Ten+2 and have a bunch of online showdowns in conference play.

I'd be down.

I'd be up for something like this if XBoxers are interested....

QUOTE (SnB @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
What are the main new features in ncaa/madden this year?

Not sure about Madden (the only thing I can find on a quick scan is dynamic player ratings), but NCAA has a few tweaks (keep in mind this is all from what I've read).

One is that they added more customized traditions to the game, stuff like Chief Osceola throwing his spear in the turf and Mike the Tiger sitting there on the sidelines.

Another is that they seem to have added a ton of customization to the dynasty mode. You can customize the conferences (number of teams, divisions, bowl tie-ins, ect) and they added a coaching carousel feature that lets you play as just a coordinator. Besides just recruiting, you can also sim games against the CPU and advance the week in online dynasties now.

The Road to Glory mode is also supposedly beefier. I never really played it in the past, but supposedly you start in high school now and build your reputation.

As for gameplay, supposedly the defensive AI is a bit better and receivers actually drop balls instead of snaring everything in their zip code. The reviews seem to say that it's mostly the same experience though. The one thing that changes things greatly is you can build a completely customized playbook.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Also, amazon apparently has a $20 bonus card offer when you order NCAA 12 or Madden 12, and you get a free "starter guide" as well.

An even better reason to pick it up so I can kick all your asses online . :lolhitting

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
Not sure about Madden (the only thing I can find on a quick scan is dynamic player ratings), but NCAA has a few tweaks (keep in mind this is all from what I've read).

One is that they added more customized traditions to the game, stuff like Chief Osceola throwing his spear in the turf and Mike the Tiger sitting there on the sidelines.

Another is that they seem to have added a ton of customization to the dynasty mode. You can customize the conferences (number of teams, divisions, bowl tie-ins, ect) and they added a coaching carousel feature that lets you play as just a coordinator. Besides just recruiting, you can also sim games against the CPU and advance the week in online dynasties now.

The Road to Glory mode is also supposedly beefier. I never really played it in the past, but supposedly you start in high school now and build your reputation.

As for gameplay, supposedly the defensive AI is a bit better and receivers actually drop balls instead of snaring everything in their zip code. The reviews seem to say that it's mostly the same experience though. The one thing that changes things greatly is you can build a completely customized playbook.

Have you read anything regarding how time consuming and in depth recruiting is in this game? I have always enjoyed the recruiting aspect of these games but in the last couple it has almost been too time consuming during the season.

I just preordered it, I'm down for this!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
Have you read anything regarding how time consuming and in depth recruiting is in this game? I have always enjoyed the recruiting aspect of these games but in the last couple it has almost been too time consuming during the season.

I'd assume it's similar to last year's recruiting since no one has mentioned any major changes. One plus is that with an online league you can do recruiting from a computer, so you can get your recruiting done ahead of time and then just jump on the console to play the actual game.