2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 09:05 AM)
Finally borrowed Zelda Twilight Princess and beat it. Took 2 weeks because I had to wait til kids were in bed to get in my playing time, but it was awesome. I love Zelda games

That game was awesome! I cant wait for the new one

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:01 AM)
Yeah, but even when I push the stick up, to influence the pass higher, the linebacker still gets to a pass that is going to land 15 yards behind him. It's not like I was throwing bullets through coverage and a hand was put up, those guys just leaped like no other.

The stick doesn't influence the pass higher, tapping the button lobs it and then the longer you hold the button determines the speed of the pass..

example.. tap to lob, hold to bullet

The stick is for leading and such

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:26 AM)
Yeah except its impossible to get a good job offer outside of the school youre already at. I won 5 National titles in a row as Alabamas OC, then i won 3 in a row as Indianas HC, and in the offseason the only team to offer me a HC job was Buffalo, (Chris Carter Voice) Cmon Man!!!!!! I cant play this game until a patch gets released and I saw on the operation sports forums that the Super Linebackers are going to get patched FINALLY! :headbang I hate that the only reason the defense is tougher in this years version is because the computer cheats more with super linebackers and psychic DB's that run your receivers routes before your receiver does.

I don't know whats going on with your game then.. I started a new dynasty today at Western Michigan as the OC

Year 1 - Western Michigan - I complete all my goals so far and go into the offseason where I am offered the OC position at Baylor, ide say that's a pretty decent jump for just 1 season.. D+ Prestige

Years 2 through 5 - Baylor - I complete all my goals and in 2015 Baylor wins the National Championship with me manning the offense.. I don't have anything else to prove so I do not sign a new contract and look for a new job. The most appealing is the U offering me the OC job.. A+ Prestige

Years 6 and 7 - Miami - I complete all my goals, remain an A+ coach, and now I am ready to get a head coaching job.. I have my alma mater set to Virginia in this one, but they weren't hiring this offseason. I get offered the Boston College job, but I don't like their uniforms so I pass. Finally, I settle on Tulsa's coaching vacancy because they are 3 stars and in a pretty weak conference.. A+ Prestige

I was offered a lot of head coaching spots, but no elite jobs.. that was mainly because they had A+ prestige coaches and winning programs already in place so there really was no need for them to be hiring.. I kind of like that better as in the old NCAA games I never understood why if you went 13-0 and win a national title with Navy 13-1 Ohio State coming off a Rose Bowl win has fired their coach to hire you..

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 02:03 AM)
The stick doesn't influence the pass higher, tapping the button lobs it and then the longer you hold the button determines the speed of the pass..

example.. tap to lob, hold to bullet

The stick is for leading and such

Yeah, I know how that works, but isn't leading the pass UP the same thing? We usually just run streak routes, and I figured if you can lead a pass left or right, can't you lead up a pass UP or DOWN?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 05:01 AM)
Yeah, I know how that works, but isn't leading the pass UP the same thing? We usually just run streak routes, and I figured if you can lead a pass left or right, can't you lead up a pass UP or DOWN?

No, just the bullet/lob kind of pass

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 05:01 AM)

Yeah you gotta try to use the lob pass on those deep routes, it makes a difference

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 01:14 AM)
I don't know whats going on with your game then.. I started a new dynasty today at Western Michigan as the OC

Year 1 - Western Michigan - I complete all my goals so far and go into the offseason where I am offered the OC position at Baylor, ide say that's a pretty decent jump for just 1 season.. D+ Prestige

Years 2 through 5 - Baylor - I complete all my goals and in 2015 Baylor wins the National Championship with me manning the offense.. I don't have anything else to prove so I do not sign a new contract and look for a new job. The most appealing is the U offering me the OC job.. A+ Prestige

Years 6 and 7 - Miami - I complete all my goals, remain an A+ coach, and now I am ready to get a head coaching job.. I have my alma mater set to Virginia in this one, but they weren't hiring this offseason. I get offered the Boston College job, but I don't like their uniforms so I pass. Finally, I settle on Tulsa's coaching vacancy because they are 3 stars and in a pretty weak conference.. A+ Prestige

I was offered a lot of head coaching spots, but no elite jobs.. that was mainly because they had A+ prestige coaches and winning programs already in place so there really was no need for them to be hiring.. I kind of like that better as in the old NCAA games I never understood why if you went 13-0 and win a national title with Navy 13-1 Ohio State coming off a Rose Bowl win has fired their coach to hire you..

The problem is that theres a s*** ton of Coaches that are rated A+ after every season so you kind of get lost in that pool of coaches, it doesnt differentiate the fact that i've won multiple national titles in a row and even turned the Indiana Hoosiers into a 6 star prestige program. So when my contracts up im not even Top 3 on any schools list of head coaches to hire since theres so many other coaches rated A+ just for having met a couple measly goals.

Oh and here are the upcoming updates for patch #2...

Week Advance Anywhere

As a token of our appreciation, we’re happy to announce that as of today “Week Advance Anywhere” on the web is now available for use, and that this feature will be FREE for everyone to use.

Custom Playbooks

With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.

Tendencies

As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.

If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.

In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.

Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.

Freezes/Crashes

A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.

Gameplay

Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.

Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays

Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.

Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.

Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.

Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.

Highlights

Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.

Dynasty

Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.

Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.

Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.

Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.

Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).

Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.

Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.

Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.

When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.

Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.

RTG

Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.

Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.

Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards.

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 01:01 AM)
That game was awesome! I cant wait for the new one

Are you a player that will try and beat every little sidequest and mini game? Im trying to get everything finished before i return it, and I have one little part thats kind of bugging me

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 01:21 PM)
Are you a player that will try and beat every little sidequest and mini game? Im trying to get everything finished before i return it, and I have one little part thats kind of bugging me

I honestly cant really remember as I beat Twilight Princess when it came out a few years ago, but for Zelda I try and do everything.. like collecting all the masks on Majoras Mask making that final fight oh so easy

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)
Anybody have a PS Move with a sharpshooter? Is it worth it for games like Killzone 3?

It's OK. Not really worth it.

For arcade games like Extraction, yes. But the camera system felt weird with the sharpshooter (your crosshair doesn't stay centered) in Killzone 3.

Madden 12 demo is out. Dream come true! It's Bears vs Packers in Soldier Field!! You get to play a full game, 5 minute quarters. You can't mess with any sliders or difficulty though, and it's clearly raw with no announcers, but it's still a huge upgrade.

I had enough time to play one half last night after I discovered its availability... got into the endzone with Forte like a boss. The rosters are nowhere near updated for the demo, but it's still a blast.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
Madden 12 demo is out. Dream come true! It's Bears vs Packers in Soldier Field!! You get to play a full game, 5 minute quarters. You can't mess with any sliders or difficulty though, and it's clearly raw with no announcers, but it's still a huge upgrade.

I had enough time to play one half last night after I discovered its availability... got into the endzone with Forte like a boss. The rosters are nowhere near updated for the demo, but it's still a blast.

Running game is FAR too easy on the demo. Passing is harder than previous years, or maybe it's because the Bears o-line blows and I don't get enough time.

This year's graphics look great close-up, but from the normal gameplay point of view, they suck even more than last year's. The Bears players seemed like they had orange numbers (not supposed to happen...). NCAA did a decent job with the gameplay cam graphics, why can't the Madden team do the same?

Edited by chw42

• 2 weeks later...

batman-arkham-city-20110801003017886.jpg

There will be multiple playable skins for Arkham City, which you "get" depending on where you pre-order. I can't decide which one I'd want, save of course NOT wanting the Animated Series. (I'm leaning towards the Batman I fell in love with, comic book gray/blue).

The same story goes for Robin.

batman-arkham-city-20110822085232552.jpg

Hooded Robin seems like the no-brainer, here.

Edited by Steve9347

Is the Batman second from the left from "The Dark Knight Returns" graphic novel? He definitely looks older/pudgier.

I dont know why, but Batman Beyond is the one I think I like the most. And both hooded robin and cowl robin are pretty cool in those shots, I think I would toggle between then

• 2 weeks later...