2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 02:06 AM)
If only. Sony really f***ing hates that though, so if I do that, it'll wipe my hard drive.

I'm losing two things ultimately, the ability to play my PS2 games and about $50 worth of RB songs I downloaded when RB1 came out. But if I ever feel the want to go get those, I can bite the bullet (I don't even have my RB controllers with me at college and I rarely play the old songs now with the keyboard anyway).

You can re-download anything you purchase on PSN, so you can at least get these back.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
You can re-download anything you purchase on PSN, so you can at least get these back.

Old PSN account that was hacked (before it was cool) and banned.

But called Gopher Mods today, because my NBA 2k11 was missing. They said they actually had to call me, my PS3's parts had a switch up, so they still have my HDD, game, and other parts and apparently it still might be fixable. They sent me a new shipping label.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 10:09 AM)
Just got me a PS3, my first 3 video games will be NBA 2K11, Madden '12 and Call Of Duty Modern Warfare.

Which titles would anyone out there rrecommend?

Batman - Arkham Asylum, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, even though f*** baseball MLB The Show, NHL 12.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
playing through the original assassin's creed, wow is the voice acting awful for the main character. Maybe I'm just spoiled because my last few games have been ME2 and RdR

Haha I enjoyed it, but they've changed it for the upcoming game. AC gets repetitive when you get close to the end, but it's worth sticking it out to get to the sequel.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 10:38 AM)
Batman - Arkham Asylum, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, even though f*** baseball MLB The Show, NHL 12.

Thanx, I'll check those out.

I prefer the NHL 2K series over the EA version for the PS2, is the NHL from EA better for PS3?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)

I prefer the NHL 2K series over the EA version for the PS2, is the NHL from EA better for PS3?

EA's version of NHL on the newer gens is amazing. Probably not as big of a difference as it is from MLB The Show to 2K baseball, but I would gather it's still very sizable.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 05:01 AM)
Just finished Deus Ex Human Revolution.

The ending was terrible I thought. Boss Battles were also pretty bad, but the rest of the game was pretty good.

Damn, I just got to the first boss the other day. Tried the fight once and lasted all of like a minute. I won't be too upset about a bad ending if the majority of the game plays like it has up until this point (sans the boss).

Have you played the first one?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 06:46 PM)

The EA NHL series is so amazing that 2k gave up on their game for next-gen systems.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 09:20 AM)
The EA NHL series is so amazing that 2k gave up on their game for next-gen systems.

Damn, now I'm intrigued, hockey is one of my fave sports to play.Definitely gonna buy it since they don't have it as a rental here in Mexico, not a real big hockey playing country.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)
Damn, now I'm intrigued, hockey is one of my fave sports to play.Definitely gonna buy it since they don't have it as a rental here in Mexico, not a real big hockey playing country.

Give it a few games so you figure things up. Do not be shy to play the tutorial a few times. You have a lot to learn as a noob.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
How is NHL 12? I have not bought a game in years.. About to get a PS3 in a month.

I actually just picked it up last night... nice feel change from NHL 11, and dropping you right into the winter classic is really cool. I really wish they'd imported every stadium from Madden and not just Heinz field, but it's a really great feel.

I'll wait to truly dive into it until the season's about to start and a roster that doesn't include Marty Turco is available! I played the s*** out of 10 and 11, so a break is needed anyway.

I actually just picked it up last night... nice feel change from NHL 11, and dropping you right into the winter classic is really cool. I really wish they'd imported every stadium from Madden and not just Heinz field, but it's a really great feel.

I'll wait to truly dive into it until the season's about to start and a roster that doesn't include Marty Turco is available! I played the s*** out of 10 and 11, so a break is needed anyway.

I will check back in with you, when I'm about to get my PS3... thanks.