2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
Batman, MW3, or Battlefield 3?

I'm having soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun with Batman. I've played A LOT, the story is great, there's so much to do (it being an open world and all)... so many side missions... so many challenges... the counter says I'm 10% through the game lol.

Plus, they have Nightwing and Robin add-ons, and more to follow... the game will keep you entertained for a very long time.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
I'm having soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun with Batman. I've played A LOT, the story is great, there's so much to do (it being an open world and all)... so many side missions... so many challenges... the counter says I'm 10% through the game lol.

Plus, they have Nightwing and Robin add-ons, and more to follow... the game will keep you entertained for a very long time.

So thats clearly a buy then. Maybe I can get a cheap one somewhere.

I really like CoD games, but they get repetitive if you keep buying each version.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 01:10 PM)
So thats clearly a buy then. Maybe I can get a cheap one somewhere.

FYI there's a one-time code for the Catwoman DLC included with the game--if you purchase a used copy, you'll have to buy that content.

I really like CoD games, but they get repetitive if you keep buying each version.

I'm taking a pass on this round for that reason and Batman/Skyrim eating up what little gaming time I have.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
FYI there's a one-time code for the Catwoman DLC included with the game--if you purchase a used copy, you'll have to buy that content.

I'm taking a pass on this round for that reason and Batman/Skyrim eating up what little gaming time I have.

I bought Batman last night off Amazon. I took a look at some of the walk throughs on youtube and I am pretty excited.

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodoh

mygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmyg

odohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodo

hmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmy

godohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohm

ygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygo

dohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodoh

mygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmyg

odohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodo

hmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212038p1.html

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 9, 2011 -> 08:24 PM)
ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodoh

mygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmy

g

odohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

o

hmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohm

y

godohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygo

d

m

ygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmyg

o

dohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodo

h

mygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmy

g

odohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

o

hmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212038p1.html

Is the game with the dragon or was that Spyro? Or was that with the two animal dudes who had big guns?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 9, 2011 -> 09:43 PM)
Is the game with the dragon or was that Spyro? Or was that with the two animal dudes who had big guns?

Jak and Daxter has a human with a wise ass orange weasel on his shoulder. Made by Naughty Dog, who have been my favorite video game makers since Crash.

Speaking of ND, holy f*** Uncharted 3 is good.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 04:02 AM)
Started playing MW3 yesterday. Pretty good so far. Nothing too much different from MW2.

The graphics and game play are really smooth.

Think that's going to be the major gripe with it.

IIRC, they didn't build a new engine or anything from the previous game.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 02:46 AM)
Im putting off buying any games until winter break, I get hooked to easily.

I had to continue my run of six straight Naughty Dog games bought at launch.

Revelations...I might get launch week.

But Skyrim...just no. Can't do it. It will consume my soul.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 07:44 PM)
At least I'm putting Skyrim off until December.

I want to pass finals.

I suppose that's one of the positives after finishing college / university and working standard 40 hour weeks, you do have time to game in the evenings, but you probably won't finish anything for at least a week or so.

Skyrim is meant to have up to 300 hours to play through, that's insane.

Saints Row 3 got a 8.5 as well BTW. Quite keen to check that one out as I haven't played the first 2.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 04:09 AM)
I suppose that's one of the positives after finishing college / university and working standard 40 hour weeks, you do have time to game in the evenings, but you probably won't finish anything for at least a week or so.

Skyrim is meant to have up to 300 hours to play through, that's insane.

Saints Row 3 got a 8.5 as well BTW. Quite keen to check that one out as I haven't played the first 2.

And MGS HD Collection got a 9.0 last week.

Jesus.

I'm trying to set aside like, an hour or two a night to unwind and play games. Skyrim will consume my soul.

Seriously though, I don't know how to describe how euphorically happy I am that J&D is getting an HD Collection. I have them on PS2...but my launch PS3 died.

It's still Naughty Dog story telling, so the characters are rich and deep.

And if it means a Jak 4...Jak X was a racing spin off, Daxter was a spin off, and f*** the Lost Frontier...a J&D made by Naughty Dog, then I will be so happy. The Jak and Daxter games are why I love gaming.

Edited by Quinarvy

My brother brought down MW3 for the weekend while visiting campus, and I liked the multiplayer but it plays just like black ops, but with some terrible changes back to mw2 rules (imo). Many of the controls were changed back, and the assist being counted as only 20 pts is bulls***, but the graphics played very well and people most definitely hid better in the landscape, sometimes too much.

My daughter got out my old SNES and we were playing Super Mario World over the weekend. This is probably the easiest Mario game they've ever made because between the two of us we ended up completing all 96 "worlds" in less than 24 hours.

It's really amazing how easily all the little tips and tricks came back once I started playing. I even remembered where all the secret exits where.

Then I got out my game genie and put in the codes for infinite lives and unlimited invincibility. It's hilarious to just blast through the levels running all the enemies over.