Video from Camp Cora

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
Is this "camp" limited to just our young guys, or could a guy who could use a lot of help on his infield defense, say, like a Mark Teahen, also participate?

I'd imagine anyone can come. It's optional, but probably in the case of the younger guys it's "optional". Teahen and Viciedo should be there 5000x before Alexei, but I'm siiked that he's still taking the time in the offseason to get better.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
I wonder if they're kicking around the idea of making Viciedo a corner outfielder. I have a lot of confidence in Morel, and Konerko and Dunn have 1B covered the next 3 years. Might be a good idea for Viciedo to play left or right field this year at Charlotte.

They have to be. As he literally won't have a position to play if Morel can prove he can hold 3B down. But from what I've read, it's going to be an 'open' competition. Morel hasn't locked up a thing. If Viciedo can simply not be terrible defensively come spring training and sprays the ball over the place, he'd probably win the job, as they have more invested in him.