2011 Soccer Season

Texsox

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
Agreed, but only at this level. I doubt I could get through a women's club team match

Women's soccer is extremely top heavy as far as talent goes. There just isnt as much development programs as men's.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
Ill tell you one thing that cant be debated, Alex Morgan is easier on the eyes than any boys on the U-17 or U-19 squad.

And I think there is a little bit of self interest in this thread, in Men's soccer Mexico is a power, in Women's soccer not so much. Conversely the US is one of the best Women's teams and the Men's team still has a long way to go.

Regardless women's soccer is one of the few female sports I can tolerate.

There's no self interest, I don't care about women's soccer because the quality isn't there IMO, it's sloppy and boring, again, in my opinion.I'm a fan of Mexico's National team because my parents are from there, I'm a fan of Spain because my mother's parents are from there and I like Argentina because my wife is Argentinian.If it was self interest I would have posted after Mexico pounded the USA in the Gold Cup final but I didn't.

If I want to watch a hottie, I'll pop in a Mila Kunis movie.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 04:58 PM)
There's no self interest, I don't care about women's soccer because the quality isn't there IMO, it's sloppy and boring, again, in my opinion.I'm a fan of Mexico's National team because my parents are from there, I'm a fan of Spain because my mother's parents are from there and I like Argentina because my wife is Argentinian.If it was self interest I would have posted after Mexico pounded the USA in the Gold Cup final but I didn't.

If I want to watch a hottie, I'll pop in a Mila Kunis movie.

Although not boring, the U-17 WC was incredibly sloppy.

I didnt just mean from you, I meant that its more likely a USA fan would be interested in women's soccer because the US is good, just like a Mexican fan would be interested in U-17 because Mexico is good.

I dont know a lot of Americans who like to follow sports where American's are losers.

As for sloppy play etc, I watched the U-17 tournament, I think they are probably not as polished as the top women's teams and most likely would lose to the top teams. That being said, there are only a handful of women's teams that are good enough to do it, but the US team is one of them.

I dont really care everyone can have their opinion on what they watch. And Mila may be hot, but I guarantee she cant play half as good as Morgan.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
LOL, bring up a totally unrelated sport like bball shows how little you understand the argument. Have you ever actually stepped on the field with national-team caliber women? I am beginning to think you dont really understand the sport that much. The strongest and fastest teams in the world do not always win the game or a tournament. World class women will never beat world class men, but they will put a hurting on high school players routinely.

I didn't say high school kids could beat a women's National team, I said that those u17 national teams could beat these women's WC team.I'll bet you anything the German u17 team could beat the USA women's team.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
I didn't say high school kids could beat a women's National team, I said that those u17 national teams could beat these women's WC team.I'll bet you anything the German u17 team could beat the USA women's team.

Those are high school kids. And just because they are German, doesnt make them any more experienced than a National Women's team.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
lets just hope the US women can beat Japan on Sunday!

Japan will be tough for them since their ball movement and touch up front is so good and the US's back line can be slow and lumbering at times. Its going to be a good challenge.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
Ill tell you one thing that cant be debated, Alex Morgan is easier on the eyes than any boys on the U-17 or U-19 squad.

I give up on the women vs. men debate, but I'll wholeheartedly agree that Alex Morgan is a total fox. I dig that pink headband too.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
Those are high school kids. And just because they are German, doesnt make them any more experienced than a National Women's team.

We'll just agree to disagree on this because it really isn't that important.

One last point, most of the players in the u17 National Teams are already tied up to a club in their respective countries, they are the best prospects those countries have to offer and many of them will end up in world class clubs, they aren't just high school kids playing weekends.Thus my belief they will beat any team in the women's WC.

You almost feel it was one of those "team of destiny" things with Japan after the earthquake.

They dug back into the game from being down twice with less than 15 minutes to play both times.

Lots of second-guessing will occur over the order of the penalty kick takers for the US. Abby Wambach is the only one who didn't melt down under the pressure.

Japan deserves it, just for beating the 2 time defending World Cup Champions Germany on their home turf.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
Lots of second-guessing will occur over the order of the penalty kick takers for the US. Abby Wambach is the only one who didn't melt down under the pressure.

The real issue is how it got there in the first place.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
and Argentina bows out of Copa America on their home turf to Uruguay.

I just dont understand how Messi can just dominate club soccer but is basically a ghost once in international matches.

I don't know what game you were watching, but Messi had a great game. He had the assist, almost had another that was correctly called back for offside, converted his penalty and drew about a dozen fouls. Fantastic game to watch though.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
Hope Solo was the best player Japan had! Choke city.

Solo wasn't the one that choked. She made 1 save out of 4, that's at least average for shootouts. Neither of the goals were her fault, but that first one was ugly defending by a pair of players. Oh well.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)
The real issue is how it got there in the first place.

Exactly. It should have been 2-0 or 3-0 in the first half, then they blew two leads with under 20 minutes to go, one with 3 minutes left. Both of those goals were more on the defense than Solo too.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
Exactly. It should have been 2-0 or 3-0 in the first half, then they blew two leads with under 20 minutes to go, one with 3 minutes left. Both of those goals were more on the defense than Solo too.

Yeah there were some big time blown assignments on D.