Bartolo Colon signs with Yankees

chisoxfan09

Link: http://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/30305184672387072#

Why did Fartolo disappear from the Sox' organization? I remember a couple of years back he kinda vanished in the middle of the season. I think he went MIA. Did he have a falling out with Ozzie or something? I don't remember.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4312989

After this article, Bartolo did pitch one last time for the White Sox on July 24, 2009.. but if I remember correctly, he disappeared again shortly after. The Yankees now have pitchers Bartolo Colon and Brian Anderson on their roster. Scary thought that they could both pitch in the big leagues at any point this upcoming year.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
I think the desperate state of the Yankees starting pitching warrants its own thread. The fact that they're even sniffing around Bartolo Colon is a story.

It really doesn't. But if you say so. I'll make sure to keep tabs on all Yankee minor league pitching transactions from now on so I can immediately start a thread when a signing occurs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 04:45 PM)
It really doesn't. But if you say so. I'll make sure to keep tabs on all Yankee minor league pitching transactions from now on so I can immediately start a thread when a signing occurs.

Have you noticed the habit around here of keeping tabs on former White Sox players? It seems especially appropriate to keep an eye on those who have been the butts of many, MANY jokes or discussions, because that type of banter is fun and light hearted. This thread should be strictly limited to jokes about Bartolo Colon's weight or his improbable disappearing act.

Maybe we need to re-open the more general baseball talk forum (I forget what it was called) and split other teams deals out to that side of the board, so as not to clutter things up as spring training approaches.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
Did it really warrant a complaint?

Actually, yeah. Bartolo Colon is not a member of the White Sox and hasn't been for well over a year. I don't see why the Yankees signing him to a minor league deal warrants it's own thread on a White Sox board. I could post-pad and jam up the board all day if I wanted. This is clearly something better left off in the MLB discussion thread.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
Actually, yeah. Bartolo Colon is not a member of the White Sox and hasn't been for well over a year. I don't see why the Yankees signing him to a minor league deal warrants it's own thread on a White Sox board. I could post-pad and jam up the board all day if I wanted. This is clearly something better left off in the MLB discussion thread.

Eh, I don't see why you would waste your time on thread policing what exactly has to go into the MLB thread. Talk about a waste of time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)
Eh, I don't see why you would waste your time on thread policing what exactly has to go into the MLB thread. Talk about a waste of time.

I would expect nothing less than this from somebody with your post count. But to me, the main Sox board should be reserved for White Sox related topics. And this has become a reoccurring theme around here of late. Just ditch the MLB thread all together if we're going to create threads for every little non-related Sox topic.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)
I would expect nothing less than this from somebody with your post count. But to me, the main Sox board should be reserved for White Sox related topics. And this has become a reoccurring theme around here of late. Just ditch the MLB thread all together if we're going to create threads for every little non-related Sox topic.

Again, what is the big deal? Hell if anything this is easier for you to ignore because all of the relevant information is located in the topic title and description. Instead it turns into a chance for you to lob some more cheap shots at people for no particular reason, over nothing. Why the attitude when anyone dares question you anymore? If you want to be edgy and bitter, you really should expect it. That's the way Soxtalk has always been.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)

Rocco Baldelli retired. We could start an appreciation thread since he almost came here 9 times.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
This is clearly something better left off in the MLB discussion thread.

Not to be a buttinski...but that was merged into Pale Hose Talk a while back...unless I'm a complete idiot and missed something. It'll go back to normal here in a while. Chill dude...