Snowmageddon 2011

Brian

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 06:39 PM)
Will this be like every other snow scare where we get dusted with a few inches and it's just enough to be annoying?

You've got a Blackhawks player in your avatar. I'm going to assume your definition of "a few inches" is the Chicago definition, which means

I don't work Wed so all I have to do is snowblow the driveway a few times and I'm good. Guess I will skip the gym that day.

Like said above, who knows how much we will even get. I think they say a foot to be cautious and it maybe 6 to 8.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 08:07 PM)
Quit b****ing about your 10 inches a week. ;)

Actually, it's all good by me. In fake cities like Albany, they tend to close down in bad snow or no one shows up to work. People in real cities have to tough it out. We've had one closing and another where no one came to work. Plowing is the major problem here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 08:57 PM)
Some of the local weather bloggers I follow are saying this could be 1967, or worse, if this stays on track.

So my grandma will finally have a new story to tell?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
According to a article I read, this is the largest snow storm to hit Chicago since Jan of 1999, when my high school marching band was stranded in Paducah, KY, and they wouldnt let us into the state.

The New Year's Day blizzard. That s*** was awful.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
The New Year's Day blizzard. That s*** was awful.

That s*** gave us an extra week of winter break.

The worst blizzard I remember was 2007 down in Champaign. It was the first time they shut the University down since the 1880's or something like that. Snow was still piled up in parking lots when it was 70 in April.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
That s*** gave us an extra week of winter break.

The worst blizzard I remember was 2007 down in Champaign. It was the first time they shut the University down since the 1880's or something like that. Snow was still piled up in parking lots when it was 70 in April.

1999 was a lot worse than Champaign, it is just that Champaign is a lot less prepared than Chicago for large snow falls.