2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
Since JFP beat the Tribe, I've watched Detroit and KC lose close games. Just tuned into the 3-3 Twins A's game, let's be the only Central winner tonight boys!

YOU JINXED IT OH NOOOOOOOOOOO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 17, 2011 -> 10:04 AM)
Royals to call up Danny Duffy.

Really looking forward to seeing him pitch. Huge fan of him and Hosmer. I hope we get to see Moose & Montgomery sometime this year too. I'm pretty excited for Royals fans.

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2011/5/17/2175418/...ffy-royals-news

What is it with this organization? Between Greinke and Duffy, that's two guys with huge ability that wanted to quit the game.

Robert Smith-itis.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 19, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)
For those who think DET is the team to beat, here is something to consider... the Sox are only 4 games behind them now.

I think the majority of people who haven't quit on the season already knew this, and it is a nice little reminder..

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2011 -> 05:07 PM)
Morneau hit his 2nd HR, Plouffe has 3 RBI, Blackburn gave up 1 run, and the Twins dropped 10 on the A's today.

Looks like Tyson Ross started then was almost immediately pulled, injury I'd guess.

Ross has some funky mechanics.

I'm a bit scared of the Twins coming back to life. That team has had everything go wrong, they're not exactly untalented.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 19, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)

I'm a bit scared of the Twins coming back to life. That team has had everything go wrong, they're not exactly untalented.

I can't be scared of them until they get Mauer back. If he comes back, then I'll be fearful.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 19, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)

C -Rivera/Butera

1B - Morneau

2B - Casilla/Hughes

SS - Plouffe/Tolbert

3B - Valencia

LF - Young/Revere

CF - Span

RF - Cuddyer

DH - Kubel

Their outfield is good, but their infield and catching situation are absolutely terrible. They need Mauer back, they need Nishioka back, and they need an upgrade at 2B before I consider them a threat at all, and it would be dumb of them to trade for an upgrade until they get back in it. Looking at that team, its certainly possible that they won't get back in it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 19, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)

I'm still not convinced the old Justin Morneau is back either. He's had a good week, but I will still wait to see if the MVP-caliber player returns.

That was a crazy managing job by Gardenhire.

They were up 4-1, then 4-3, then 6-3 and 6-5 before the grand slam. Obviously made a desperation move there to bring in Capps in the 8th with no outs.

I think at that moment, only Swarzak and possibly Slowey (although he pitched yesterday and has been getting rocked in the pen) were available behind the closer. Nathan pitched well, though, FWIW.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ May 22, 2011 -> 05:09 AM)
Capps was brought in because Perkins came up lame with an oblique strain after about 2 pitches

this season sucks so far

but you have to admire the way the veterans called out the younger guys on the way they've been playing and losing. I respect the fact that there's a sense of zero tolerance for this brand of losing in the clubhouse, and while it may not change their fortunes, it sure beats the hell out of saying "we're not panicking."

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 22, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
but you have to admire the way the veterans called out the younger guys on the way they've been playing and losing. I respect the fact that there's a sense of zero tolerance for this brand of losing in the clubhouse, and while it may not change their fortunes, it sure beats the hell out of saying "we're not panicking."

Who was that, Denard Span? Cuddyer?

By the way, the Indians still don't suck. Poised to sweep the Reds at home.

Edited by caulfield12