2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shin-Soo Choo believes he is thinking too much and trying too hard to make a good impression since he was charged with drunken driving.

Choo was back in the Cleveland Indians' lineup Sunday against Texas after getting a game off. Manager Manny Acta dropped the slumping outfielder three spots to No. 6.

The Indians' top offensive player the past two seasons is hitting only .242 with five homers and 22 RBIs in 54 games. Acta replaced him with one of the hottest hitters in the AL, shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera.

Choo was arrested May 2 on suspicion of drunken driving after a breathalyzer test showed he had a blood-alcohol level of .201. Ohio's legal limit is .08.

He apologized to each of his teammates individually before Cleveland's next game.

Link

the Twins are now 3.5 games back of the Royals after a 4 game sweep. The last 2 games, the Twins have trotted out laughable lineups (Cuddyer, Valencia, Young were the 3-4-5 hitters) because Morneau and Span are dinged up

Edited by Benchwarmerjim

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
The Indians, are who we thought they were (on April 2nd)! I'm not concerned with them, and the Tigers are not that great either.

I don't think the Tigers are that great either but they do have the talent to win the division and sneak into an 87 or 90 win season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)

If only Miggy was having the same problems....

A regular person gets a DUI, they probably lose their job, maybe problems with the wife at home. They are forced to go to rehab and fight for their life to not fall apart.

Cabrera gets no fine, keeps his job, and gets paid MILLIONS of dollars and just rakes. Now obviously him not going to rehab or admitting there is a problem and just ignoring it and "escaping" to the baseball diamond may not end well when the baseball diamond is no longer an option, but I'd rather he stink at Baseball than stink at life...

My boy Zach Putnam (played ball at the same high school, 3 yrs apart) is just killing it in the minors for the Indians, he really could be a stud pitcher. Looks like they converted him to a reliever but his stats are pretty insane:

IP: 32.1

ERA: 2.51

WHIP: 1.021

HR/9: 0.8

BB/9: 1.7

k/9: 7.2

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
My boy Zach Putnam (played ball at the same high school, 3 yrs apart) is just killing it in the minors for the Indians, he really could be a stud pitcher. Looks like they converted him to a reliever but his stats are pretty insane:

IP: 32.1

ERA: 2.51

WHIP: 1.021

HR/9: 0.8

BB/9: 1.7

k/9: 7.2

I don't know if I would call that insane

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
32 innings as a reliever? That's a lot of innings for this time of the year.

I may have gotten carried away by calling it insane, but his numbers are great and that is very true, it is a lot of innings for this early. I am surprised the Indians converted him from starter to reliever considering he had good numbers at AA last year while starting, but they may seem him as a dominant reliever and need help there, not sure.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
32 innings as a reliever? That's a lot of innings for this time of the year.

I may have gotten carried away by calling it insane, but his numbers are great and that is very true, it is a lot of innings for this early. I am surprised the Indians converted him from starter to reliever considering he had good numbers at AA last year while starting, but they may seem him as a dominant reliever and need help there, not sure.

Royals call up Moose. Too early in my opinion, but exciting nonetheless.

Royals_Report Bob Dutton

Royals calling up 3B Mike Moustakas from Omaha after optioning Mike Aviles to Omaha.

11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Too bad he can't pitch. That rotation is abysmal.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 06:16 PM)
Royals call up Moose. Too early in my opinion, but exciting nonetheless.

Too bad he can't pitch. That rotation is abysmal.

I love it. He had a pretty pedestrian April for him. But he's been spraying ropes/missiles/bombs all over the place since then. Like Hosmer, there's nothing left for him to prove in the minors.