2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 4, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
Clarification on the Vizquel steal attempt with Pierre at the plate in the 6th...According to Ozzie, it was Vizquel who missed the sign and not Pierre. Vizquel thought the hit and run was on, when in fact, it was not. So even Omar with mental mistakes right now. He also was the one who was supposed to be covering first on the bunt in the 6th...Vizquel was pretty much the reason we lost today if you ask me...everyone getting in the suckfest this season.

I also noticed that Vizquel barely ran at all for that force out he hit into. I wondered if it wasn't some sort of statement, perhaps that he as a clubhouse leader is also sick of the state of the team.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
I have been talking about this cycle for a while now, although admittedly, I've never put it down in such perfect terms.

That is incredible.

Ditto. I love that. So true.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 4, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
:lolhitting

On a side not, just got home from training. Had no access to news. No one fired yet?

No, not yet. I'd expect it to happen later tonight or possibly tomorrow. It would probably be better to do it tonight, as it would allow people to get used to the idea all day tomorrow.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 4, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
No, not yet. I'd expect it to happen later tonight or possibly tomorrow. It would probably be better to do it tonight, as it would allow people to get used to the idea all day tomorrow.

Jeez. I didn't even realize we had a day game. Oh well. Same s***ty offensive result.

I can only imagine the calls coming in from season ticket holders.

There's no reason for Omar to be on the team anymore.

It's not a contender.

No need for a 43 year old to be batting/fielding on a non contender.

If we were a contender, he'd have some late inning defensive value. Not now. Dump him and Juan Pierre immediately.

Also, I know we have a lot of candidates for the No. 9 spot in the order, but we have to dump enough dead weight (send Morel down) so we can bat AJP ninth which is where he should be batting the rest of his career.

He's a horrible offensive player right now. I don't know how he hit a home run the other day. Was the wind blowing out??

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 4, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
There's no reason for Omar to be on the team anymore.

It's not a contender.

No need for a 43 year old to be batting/fielding on a non contender.

If we were a contender, he'd have some late inning defensive value. Not now. Dump him and Juan Pierre immediately.

Also, I know we have a lot of candidates for the No. 9 spot in the order, but we have to dump enough dead weight (send Morel down) so we can bat AJP ninth which is where he should be batting the rest of his career.

He's a horrible offensive player right now. I don't know how he hit a home run the other day. Was the wind blowing out??

Well, Vizquel probably will still be useful as a player- coach for both Lexi and morel

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 01:44 AM)
Well, Vizquel probably will still be useful as a player- coach for both Lexi and morel

True, but Ozzie will play him if he's on the roster and on the team.

Can you imagine if the White Sox somehow, someway got hot and crept to within four or five games at some point the second half?

I know there's no way in hell that could happen, but let's say somehow, magically, it did.

Once again ... you'd go back to all the games the Sox pissed away in April and early May as preventing a serious division run.

I mean to those who think it's "still early." Even you must agree we have pissed away so many winnable games (like today when Minnie's 'closer' was trying to give it away in the ninth by hitting Lilly) that there's no mathematic way in hell we actually could win this division.

By some utter miracle we might be able to get it to 4 or 5 games at some point, but to win it? No way.

When is this team simply going to become less dysfunctional?? Game after game we pissed away in April has ended any chance of winning the division. It's just too many games to make up in the loss column.

Edited by greg775

And another thing it's gonna be hard to get reinsdorf to spend again

Can you imagine if the White Sox somehow, someway got hot and crept to within four or five games at some point the second half?

I know there's no way in hell that could happen, but let's say somehow, magically, it did.

Once again ... you'd go back to all the games the Sox pissed away in April and early May as preventing a serious division run.

I mean to those who think it's "still early." Even you must agree we have pissed away so many winnable games (like today when Minnie's 'closer' was trying to give it away in the ninth by hitting Lilly) that there's no mathematic way in hell we actually could win this division.

By some utter miracle we might be able to get it to 4 or 5 games at some point, but to win it? No way.

When is this team simply going to become less dysfunctional?? Game after game we pissed away in April has ended any chance of winning the division. It's just too many games to make up in the loss column.

We could fire some people and stuff. Bench dudes. Look at minor leaguers and guys like Dunn as they sit on the bench - point, laff. Who cares. Can't get worse. Winning at less than a 35% clip.

When I was a young buck, you got 1/2 way to that kind of winning on your SAT.... just by properly writing your own name.

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 06:56 AM)
I've got no problem with Vizquel playing. Every time he's in there he makes things happen.

Vizquel. Subject of one of the worst trades of all time, when Mariners gave him to Cleveland for nothing, just becasuse A-Rod was coming. And that was 1994, I believe. And he is still playing.

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 5, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)
Vizquel. Subject of one of the worst trades of all time, when Mariners gave him to Cleveland for nothing, just becasuse A-Rod was coming. And that was 1994, I believe. And he is still playing.

If you're going to get rid of someone simply to make room for another player, well, I think that might have been the exception.