2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crisp made the decision on his own, mostly because he sensed Thornton wasn't paying attention to him. Crisp got no sign from the bench and no guidance from third-base coach Mike Gallego, who saw Crisp take off and had only one thought: "Please be safe."

"It was a shock," Gallego said. "Coco's an exciting player, a winning player. He can take a game in his own hands and win it for us."

Jackson pinch hit for Ryan Sweeney, giving Crisp a right-handed hitter to potentially shield Pierzynski's view. Crisp had some positive vibes: He tried straight steals of home three times in high school and once in the minor leagues. He made it all four times.

This time, Thornton threw a fastball down the middle - an easy pitch for Pierzynski to handle.

"I got out there far enough, but my timing was a little off - I hesitated," Crisp said. "I saw (Pierzynski) catch it, and I knew I had to slide to the inside. He barely got me. He saw me coming and lunged out there right away. Good pitch, good play by him.

"It's one of those plays where you've got to be safe. You gotta make it. I'd do it again, just without the stutter step."

Pierzynski, in his 14th season in the major leagues, couldn't remember another opposing player trying a straight steal of home against him.

"Most guys usually just deke; that's the first time I actually had somebody come," Pierzynski said. "I saw him coming and I was like, 'Hurry, Thornton! Just give me the ball!'

"I didn't know what to do, so I basically just laid on top of the plate. That was the only thing I could think of to do. ... But it worked out and it was a huge moment in the game. It stopped their momentum and got us a win."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...L#ixzz1MJArIdpV

Up coming matchups, barring rain/injuries:

5-16 Tex Jackson vs Lewis

5-17 Tex Danks vs Harrison

5-18 Cle Peavy vs Carmona

5-19 Cle Humber vs White

5-20 LA Floyd vs Lilly

5-21 LA Buehrle vs Kuroda

5-22 LA Jackson vs Garland

5-23 Tex Danks vs Ogando

5-24 Tex Peavy vs Holland

5-25 Tex Humber vs Wilson

5-26 Tor Floyd vs Drabek

5-27 Tor Buehrle vs Litsch

5-28 Tor Jackson vs Romero

5-29 Tor Danks vs Reyes

5-30 Bos Peavy vs Lester

5-31 Bos Humber vs Matsuzaka

6-1 Bos Floyd vs Lackey

Missing Kershaw doesn't suck.

I was reading where the Indians have recently faced 7 out the top 20 pitchers in the AL in ERA in their recent stretch.

I'm sure we went through something similar in our 4-18 stretch, too. Probably worse. Between the A's/Angels/Rays, that's some stout pitching. And then Felix with the M's. Verlander and Scherzer aren't too shabby, either.

And it sucks the Indians are missing Felix. Then again, I never thought Fister would win the game yesterday, or they'd have a 4-2 lead going into the 9th.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 14, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
Him and Dallas McPherson can battle it out in AAA for the rest of their careers

And Garrett Atkins.

3 guys everybody fell in love with without having them prove anything.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 14, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
And Garrett Atkins.

3 guys everybody fell in love with without having them prove anything.

Hey, buy low, see what happens. Oh wait, Ozzie would ruin anything good he had left. How about straight up for Teahen?

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 15, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
...speaking of ex-big leaguers in the minors, our old friend Josh Fields is doing well in AAA. 7 HR's, 26 RBI, .371/.438/.722/.1160. He can play LF better than JP.

The only way to reply to that is

:lolhitting

Sox tickets arrived this weekend, can't wait for the 19th when I bring 20 good friends to the Patio Party and game!! Beer, friends, Sox, no matter the record it's gonna be a great day!

Oh, and does anybody know the special "gift" they give you? I got a slip in the tickets package saying I can redeem a special gift at the sales booth on the gameday.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 15, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)

While Strasburg wearing a Sox uni is interesting, I love the actual article that those came from. He presents some very interesting concepts for a jersey revamp (really just brings red back into the current set).

Complete Article Link

Sox_r_MLB_PSDT_H_1.jpg

Sox_r_MLB_PSDT_H_3.jpg

Sox_r_MLB_PSDT_R_2.jpg

Sox_r_MLB_PSDT_R_1.jpg