ST: 3/8 vs Rockies

flavum

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
I think we only have him for 2 years after this one.

We have him under contract for 2 more years after this one.

However, if he makes the big league squad, he simply starts off like any rookie; he is under the Sox's control as a pre-arbitration player for several years, just under a rookie contract. The Sox have ~6 years of MLB pre-arb and arb-eligible years for him depending on how much time he spends in the big leagues this year.

The only way he is not on the Sox in 3 years is if he is bad enough that the Sox don't want him and they grant him his release. Otherwise, we control~6 years of his MLB rights.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
I personally dont think he needs regular playing time in AAA, I think he fits in at 3B, 1B, RF and LF and can play a few days a week.

Personally, I think he needs a good amount of time in the outfield before we depend on him there at the ML level

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
Have Viciedo's hits come against major league pitchers?

Well, he got 2 hits off Felipe Paulino today, he is a major leaguer. His 3rd hit was off of Eric Stults, another major leaguer.

He got a double off of Joe Martinez. He has 50 career innings, but is more of a AAAA guy I think. Got a hit off Jensen Lewis, who is a major leaguer. Another hit off of Jess Todd, who has 28 career innings.

Those are from the past 2 games, so yeah, most hits were off of major league pitchers.