2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
Free SIU from Lowery

I will always support this, but there is NO reason Diamond Taylor should not be starting every game unless he is in trouble, which could easily be the case. CLO loves JUCOs I guess.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
I will always support this, but there is NO reason Diamond Taylor should not be starting every game unless he is in trouble, which could easily be the case. CLO loves JUCOs I guess.

the crazy thing is that SIU has talent. This isnt the JUCO crap they rolled out last year, Setty, Daniels, Swan, Taylor, Drinkard, and Whitt could all end up being pretty good players. But not under Lowery, he cannot coach out of a paper bag and thinks that every team he coaches can be coached the same as the 2007 squad. One person on salukitalk put it best, Lowery thinks he can tear kids down and build them back up to the mold of what he wants. He can tear them down no problem(it is what he is currently doing to Taylor, and what he did to the entire squad last season), but he has no idea how to build them back up. So he gets more frustrated with them, and vice versa, and then the kids take off or get arrested and get booted from the team.

It really sucks watching what is happening. And it sucks even more that SIU finally made the committment to the facilities and such, only to have Lowery ruin every iota of momentum that the program had.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
the crazy thing is that SIU has talent. This isnt the JUCO crap they rolled out last year, Setty, Daniels, Swan, Taylor, Drinkard, and Whitt could all end up being pretty good players. But not under Lowery, he cannot coach out of a paper bag and thinks that every team he coaches can be coached the same as the 2007 squad. One person on salukitalk put it best, Lowery thinks he can tear kids down and build them back up to the mold of what he wants. He can tear them down no problem(it is what he is currently doing to Taylor, and what he did to the entire squad last season), but he has no idea how to build them back up. So he gets more frustrated with them, and vice versa, and then the kids take off or get arrested and get booted from the team.

It really sucks watching what is happening. And it sucks even more that SIU finally made the committment to the facilities and such, only to have Lowery ruin every iota of momentum that the program had.

Yes. I don't even want to talk about it anymore soooooo awesome slate of college hoops today, very excited.

Already seeing a lot of orange near Mackey. This will be the only time I root for the Illini. I hope they smash Purdue by 50. Go to Leonard everytime. They have no one to stop him. Should be a "mellowed" atmosphere with the Taint Crew full of alumni.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)
What happened? Not in front of a TV, GameCast shows Gasser essentially had a 6-point play?

Didn't matter but Iowa was up 12 with like 3 minutes left than Basabe committed a foul, than elbowed the kid to get T'd. Kid made 4 free throws than Wisc scored quick so Badgers scored 6 points with about 5 seconds coming off clock. Wisc got within 3 but Iowa made some big shots to hold on.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)
Bruce Weber should be available next March

Dear god do I hope you're right. The Illini can't score a bucket in forever and are down by 23 and Weber still refuses to at least try Henry. The guy is supposed to be the team's best natural scorer. At least get the guy some minutes.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 04:36 PM)
Dear god do I hope you're right. The Illini can't score a bucket in forever and are down by 23 and Weber still refuses to at least try Henry. The guy is supposed to be the team's best natural scorer. At least get the guy some minutes.

Have people really said that? Eek. Illini fans need to set their expectation meter to REALISTIC

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)
THANKS FOR THE TURNOVERS AND THE LEAD AT THE HALF, OSU!

It looks like Indiana might have the best homecourt advantage in college basketball. They get lots of fortunate calls, but it is basketball I guess. It was what, 19-9 when they called that second foul on Sullinger? I think tOSU should be happy to be down 1. 11 turnovers, 0-6 from 3, and 4 players with 2 fouls, including one of the best players in college basketball.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
It looks like Indiana might have the best homecourt advantage in college basketball. They get lots of fortunate calls, but it is basketball I guess. It was what, 19-9 when they called that second foul on Sullinger? I think tOSU should be happy to be down 1. 11 turnovers, 0-6 from 3, and 4 players with 2 fouls, including one of the best players in college basketball.

Well, now that Zeller has 3, can you call it closer to even?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 06:18 PM)
Well, now that Zeller has 3, can you call it closer to even?

Well they called an off the ball foul on Buford to give him his fourth. Deshawn Thomas has 3 too. Not quite even yet.