2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 03:45 AM)
Paul didn't deserve that 3. He was dribbling backwards with 6 on the shot clock and then decides 'f it' and it goes. Must be nice...

He's a decent shooter when he's not fading away trying to show the scouts he can play in the NBA.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
He's a decent shooter when he's not fading away trying to show the scouts he can play in the NBA.

I don't care how good of a shooter he is. He showed no urgency with the shot clock winding down and then took a fairly poor shot.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 08:54 PM)
It was perfectly drawn up. If Sam makes that pass, this game is over.

Yeah, but instead he takes a crazy looking three with time left on the clock. Idiotic. At least he's got confidence I guess.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
I don't care how good of a shooter he is. He showed no urgency with the shot clock winding down and then took a fairly poor shot.

Meh good guards are going to make that pretty often. Sampson was retreating and didn't contest it and Paul dribbled it to the 3 point line in rhythm.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 04:00 AM)
Wow, terrible non-call on what should have been a flagrant foul on Leonard. That gets called 99% of the time. He didn't mean to I'm sure, but the rule is any contact with elbow is a flagrant.

It was after the play, and I don't think he even touched him to be honest

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
Only way you can't call a flagrant is if you rule that no contact was made.

It didn't look like there was contact. It was really hard to tell. I don't think they can make a game changing call like that when it was pretty inconclusive.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 09:06 PM)
It didn't look like there was contact. It was really hard to tell. I don't think they can make a game changing call like that when it was pretty inconclusive.

There was definitely contact, but I don't see how any rule should allow that to be flagrant. His elbow swung in sync with the ball. He wasn't flailing and there was no intent.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 03:08 AM)
There was definitely contact, but I don't see how any rule should allow that to be flagrant. His elbow swung in sync with the ball. He wasn't flailing and there was no intent.

Doesn't matter, rule says any contact on an elbow to the head is automatic flagrant.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 03:05 AM)
Only way you can't call a flagrant is if you rule that no contact was made.

They changed the elbowing rules. Flagrant you need some sort of intent. I don't think there was that. It could have been intentional, but that's kind of iffy after the play.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 03:10 AM)
They changed the elbowing rules. Flagrant you need some sort of intent. I don't think there was that. It could have been intentional, but that's kind of iffy after the play.

Wait, since when they change that rule? Must have been this year. Good to know if true, even though I'm shocked they did with all this concussion stuff.

Edited by fathom

Can I make the prediction that Jamie Dixon will leave Pitt for UCLA after this year? Pitt's program having some turmoil with Birch leaving and Gibbs to be done after this year, and UCLA fans are sick and tired of Howland. If Shabazz doesn't go to UCLA, I can't see Howland being brought back.

Paul still plays like an idiot, however to say he is unskilled is ignorant. At least he's finally getting to the line instead of just chucking. If he could somehow limit the turnovers and otherwise dumb plays, he'd be damn good.

Griffey with a solid 3 minutes tonight. We're going to become a poor man's Mizzou with 4 guards (or Egwu) running around.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 03:18 AM)
Can I make the prediction that Jamie Dixon will leave Pitt for UCLA after this year? Pitt's program having some turmoil with Birch leaving and Gibbs to be done after this year, and UCLA fans are sick and tired of Howland. If Shabazz doesn't go to UCLA, I can't see Howland being brought back.

I can see both gone, but for UCLA, I don't think you fire one guy and then hire his protege.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
IU opens in East Lansing tonight. It'd be tough game anyway, but V3 and Sheehey are probably out so I'm not too confident.

Definitely. Sheehey is one of players we couldn't afford to lose... He'll be out for OSU too, which is huge. Jones has also been very good this year. Has played under control.

Jones started, but Sheehey is out (apparently he's in Florida resting/rehabbing his leg).

Pritch looked like he was straight up on that last bucket, but I can't be mad because of the no call on Watford's travel (when he switched pivot feet) on what turned out to be a 3-point play.

This game has been all big runs. MSU started hot, then it was IU, then IU opened the half with a 10-0 run, now MSU is on a 13-0 run.

Wow Appling has hops.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
InSU and Creighton lose, that took a whole day for the Valley to be f***ed up...

Thought I saw Creighton was up 10 in the 2nd half and stopped following it. Maybe my eyes got crossed.