2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 20, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
How badly are the Illini gonna get destroyed in the Braggin' Rights game on Thursday? It could be a bloodbath.

You never know, you guys definitely have a strength where mizzou does not: we are undersized. That said Ricardo Ratliffe is playing great D this year and not missing a shot.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 20, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
I'm far from a MVC lover. Who's playing better than him this year?

Playing better does not mean he's the best player in the country. Yes, he's had a great start to the season and is playing extremely well but Creighton hasn't exactly played a tough schedule. There are a bunch of guys who are playing just as well. Marcus Denmon has been awesome for Mizzou, Herb Pope phenomenal for SH, Thomas Robinson has been great, Reggie Hamilton in Oakland has been good, Casper Ware put up some big numbers against some elite teams and kept his team in the game. Then some pre-season hype guys have been just as good - Sullinger, PJ3, Jeremy Lamb, Tu Holloway etc...They might not have the same PPG as McDCermott, and i'm not trying to take anything away from him, but he's not even in consideration for best player in the country IMO

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)
You never know, you guys definitely have a strength where mizzou does not: we are undersized. That said Ricardo Ratliffe is playing great D this year and not missing a shot.

Well hopefully Leonard can take advantage of that. The results of the last 4 Illini games give me little confidence in the team's chances. Mizzou hasn't had the toughest schedule, but they are beating the crap out of the teams they are playing, not lettingteams like Cornell or St. Bonnies hang around to the end.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2011 -> 06:03 PM)
Jabari Brown is going to transfer to Mizzou from Oregon. Also word that Mizzou tops the list for Pitt's Birch to transfer.

If Brown lasts a year there, I'll be shocked. Really questionable character. I know GT told him thanks, but no thanks when he wanted to visit. I hope he does well, it's always fun to see Mizzou play well.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)

Damnit Bowers for getting injured. He's walking fine though, which is good news for next year.

But being undersized doesn't really matter as long as Mizzou keeps it's insane shooting going, as Leonard can't just roam the wing to block guys.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 20, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
But being undersized doesn't really matter as long as Mizzou keeps it's insane shooting going, as Leonard can't just roam the wing to block guys.

It's still the toughest team Mizzou will have played to date. I'm confident, but I think I was scarred a bit by the streak to be very confident.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
I think you are the only person to think that mizzou finally beating the teams they should beat in Nov-Dec (unlike under anderson and quinn) is a bad thing instead of just enjoying it.

I'm cool with it based off the fact that I don't feel as if I'm wasting my time at games.

I'm excited for the Illinois game tonight, but I think they've got about a 15% chance of pulling off the upset. Missouri's guards are just too fast and I think they're going to wreak havoc on Illinois' perimeter offense. It'll come down to Leonard. If he has a stellar game, they'll be in it throughout. If he gets neutralized then I think it'll be a LONG game.

My prediction: Missouri 68, Illinois 58

Edited by Jenksismybitch

In an unprecedented move, 5-star Jarnell Stokes will be announcing his college decision today and enroll in January (graduating a semester early from high school). This would give him the 2nd half of this season and all of next year before he could bolt to the NBA.

Hope to God he picks Tennessee. Pulling highly ranked kids out of Memphis is impossible. And even more impossible when his list includes Kentucky, Florida, etc. This would be an incredible pickup.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
In an unprecedented move, 5-star Jarnell Stokes will be announcing his college decision today and enroll in January (graduating a semester early from high school). This would give him the 2nd half of this season and all of next year before he could bolt to the NBA.

Hope to God he picks Tennessee. Pulling highly ranked kids out of Memphis is impossible. And even more impossible when his list includes Kentucky, Florida, etc. This would be an incredible pickup.

I though the NBA was changing the draft rules to two years out of HS?

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
Hearing UT for Stokes if that makes you feel any better haha... Also hear UK is definitely not an option.

Yeah, I'm 99.9% sure he'll pick UT tonight. That's the word, but until it happens, I'll still be wary. Tennessee just doesn't pull highly ranked kids out of Memphis. Period. It just doesn't happen. We haven't landed a kid like that (that wasn't a transfer) in probably 30 years. This is big time.

I'll put it this way: I firmly believe he's going to UT, but I'm trying to talk myself down until it actually happens. This is a big time player for a program that has gone through a tremendous amount of crap the last year.