2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)
Gotta survive in Stillwater for twenty more minutes. 8-3 to start out in the Big 12 would be really nice, and would equal a tie for third with Baylor or Kansas.

But we haven't won there since 1988. Just gotta survive.

Le'Bryant Nash says no, the bastard.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
I have a sickening feeling in the put of my stomach that Calipari is winning it this year.

Ya, they're the best team in the country. Obviously anything can happen come tourny time but because of the way they defend they're going to have to miss a lot of jump shots to be beat.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
I'm not happy about Evansville being yet another team in the race for the #3 spot in the MVC.

Meh, the 3 seed really means nothing this year.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 10:31 PM)
Ya, they're the best team in the country. Obviously anything can happen come tourny time but because of the way they defend they're going to have to miss a lot of jump shots to be beat.

Meh, the 3 seed really means nothing this year.

I say 3 seed, but what I really mean is avoiding the 7 seed. Hate them playing on Thursday. Don't want any chance of ISU being out before I get there down to St. Louis on Friday.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 10:31 PM)

Agreed. Far and away the best team this year, imo. Which makes the "1" on the right side of their record that much sweeter!

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)
Wow, Zeller on the last 3 possessions of the game:

Put a missed three into own hoop for 2 points.

Miss 2nd free throw after being fouled on the inbound.

Let Rivers have 25 feet to obviously shoot a 3 even though there are only 3 seconds left.

Zeller needs to get his hand up there but I absolutely hate switching in that situation. Bad play by zeller just not a situation he should have been put in.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)
Zeller needs to get his hand up there but I absolutely hate switching in that situation. Bad play by zeller just not a situation he should have been put in.

Hands up plus pressure him, make him drive with such little time left, it would have been a running shot. He played it like it was a 1st half run of the mill possession, not aware of time and score.

But yes, they sucked on screens all night.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 11:59 AM)
Zeller-Leonard should be a good matchup tonight.

I'm predicting 64-57 IU. A game Illinois has within reach but can never really get closer than 3-4 points. If Indiana is hitting their threes it could be a long night, if they're struggling Illinois has a legit shot to pull of the "upset." I really don't think these teams are that far apart though. They've overachieved and underachieved depending on the game.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 12:26 PM)
I'm predicting 64-57 IU. A game Illinois has within reach but can never really get closer than 3-4 points. If Indiana is hitting their threes it could be a long night, if they're struggling Illinois has a legit shot to pull of the "upset." I really don't think these teams are that far apart though. They've overachieved and underachieved depending on the game.

The last couple games IU hasn't taken nearly as many threes. They've done a much better job of attacking the rim. If they're able to do that, IU should win, especially since it's at home.