2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
Mizzou winning helps Illinois more than KU winning does. I'd also be pretty shocked if MU doesn't win.

And let the record show that I hate Marquette and ND for making me miss UF-Vandy

I didn't even think about the NCAA tourney implications. It was just my hatred for Kansas overruling any Braggin Rights rivalry. (And my Kansas hate started when Bill Self was still in Champaign)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 04:14 PM)
Take that, Purple Aces

If we didn't have that worst coach of all time we could legit make a semi finals run in the MVC tourny, instead we'll lose on some garbage at the end of the game on Thursday night.

Anywho, you asked me before if I've heard anything about CLo...it appears that he'll finally be gone after this season. Fingers crossed.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
Not to incite a riot but if a team like Iowa State is getting serious consideration for an At Large at the moment then Wyoming has to be given the same after today. Obviously a long way to go but very similar teams at the moment.

Wyoming's wins outside of UNLV are a little sketchy.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 04:36 PM)
If we didn't have that worst coach of all time we could legit make a semi finals run in the MVC tourny, instead we'll lose on some garbage at the end of the game on Thursday night.

Anywho, you asked me before if I've heard anything about CLo...it appears that he'll finally be gone after this season. Fingers crossed.

I heard the same thing last week. Hope they hire someone legit and not just because they are close to the program.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
Ehh, yes but no.

With out re-looking at their resume's I believe they both have 3 top 100 wins. I personally believe that UNLV is a better team than KU so after that it's just how you feel about Colorado State.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Wyoming belongs in the tourny right now but I believe that Iowa State has a ton more work to do to be a serious tourny team.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 06:28 PM)
With out re-looking at their resume's I believe they both have 3 top 100 wins. I personally believe that UNLV is a better team than KU so after that it's just how you feel about Colorado State.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Wyoming belongs in the tourny right now but I believe that Iowa State has a ton more work to do to be a serious tourny team.

Quality of those top 100 wins is different though when it's Kansas/K-State/Texas and UNLV/Colorado/Colorado State.

Iowa State also hasn't lost to a team outside the top 25 (at the time) since UNI on November 30, and only two losses all year outside the top 25 (UNI and Drake).

Both teams still have time to earn it, though.

EDIT: Whoops, I was also wrong on ISU, they lost to Texas a couple weeks ago when they were unranked.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 06:30 PM)
Yikes, didn't notice how far and how fast Xavier has fallen.

The fight killed their season. Still, them and Temple would be the two teams out of the a10 I wouldn't want to face in March if X can fight their way in.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 06:34 PM)
Quality of those top 100 wins is different though when it's Kansas/K-State/Texas and UNLV/Colorado/Colorado State.

Iowa State also hasn't lost to a team outside the top 25 (at the time) since UNI on November 30, and only two losses all year outside the top 25 (UNI and Drake).

Both teams still have time to earn it, though.

Well as I said UNLV>KU imo and Texas is clearly better than Colorado who is just garbage. Once again, it depends how you look at CSU who is a decent team.

Anywho this is very much a pointless argument at the moment, just thought I'd throw it out there for fun.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 06:44 PM)
Well as I said UNLV>KU imo and Texas is clearly better than Colorado who is just garbage. Once again, it depends how you look at CSU who is a decent team.

Anywho this is very much a pointless argument at the moment, just thought I'd throw it out there for fun.

Wyoming has brown uniforms, and brown is the color of poop.