2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 08:15 PM)
IU's first win over Purdue in their last 5, first win in the city that is trying to kill me since 06.

I think it's trying to kill everyone with how bad it smells. Especially if you're near the river, wow it's terrible.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 08:34 PM)
Well bmags I await your thanks for waking up Marcus...

As my friend just texted me 'these games are so weird.' The ones in Columbia at least. The home crowd scares Mizzou in the first few minutes, then they settle down, but Kansas is always good so yeah...

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
Love how Denmon told the fans to not rush the court.

Love how Denmon knew not to pass the ball against all conventional basketball wisdom when he was feeling it.

Also: OMG college basketball

I can't sleep and I'm really bored and since I've been called a mid major homer on here before, here's my non big 6 power rankings(these are just based on who I think the best teams are, not their resumes):

1. UNLV

2. St Mary's

3. Creighton

4. Wichita State

5. Murray State

6. Temple

7. SDSU

8. Iona

9. LBSU

10.BYU

And there's my random, no one gives a s***, list of the day.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 06:57 AM)
I can't sleep and I'm really bored and since I've been called a mid major homer on here before, here's my non big 6 power rankings(these are just based on who I think the best teams are, not their resumes):

1. UNLV

2. St Mary's

3. Creighton

4. Wichita State

5. Murray State

6. Temple

7. SDSU

8. Iona

9. LBSU

10.BYU

And there's my random, no one gives a s***, list of the day.

I've only seen Murray State a few times. Athletic as hell but their situation reminds me of that Jameer Nelson St. Joseph's team. Will get to 2nd weekend but will get tough regional.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 07:57 AM)
I've only seen Murray State a few times. Athletic as hell but their situation reminds me of that Jameer Nelson St. Joseph's team. Will get to 2nd weekend but will get tough regional.

Except St. Joes had NBA players on that team but it's definitely a fair comparison. To make it even simpler, they're a poor mans version of this years Missouri team.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 08:27 AM)
Except St. Joes had NBA players on that team but it's definitely a fair comparison. To make it even simpler, they're a poor mans version of this years Missouri team.

Who else but Nelson play(ed) in the NBA? Honestly he is the only one I remember since he was player of the year?

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 09:28 AM)
Delonte West and I think their center did as well

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 09:33 AM)
I was going to say Delonte and I believe one other player but for the life of me I can't remember his name.

Dwayne Jones