Official SoxTalk Favorite Chicago Radio Shows

Favorite radio show in Chicago  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite radio show in Chicago?

• Mully and Hanley
    • The Danny Mac Show
    • Boers and Bernstein
    • Waddle and Silvy
    • Carmen, Jurko and Harry
    • Other (list below)

So who you all got? I think I do this every year, so I was curious if people's minds had changed over the last year.

I love Waddle and Silvy, and listen at work everyday. They are very good together and seem to get the best interviews for a local show.

Carmen, Jurko and Harry has become just OK for me. Carmen is not a great host, Jurko is plain annoying at times and Harry (who I like the most) is having various issues.

I can't stand anything on the Score, especially B&B.

1. B&B (I enjoy the humor and if you can get past the name-calling, they actually know what they are talking about usually)

2. Waddle & Silvy (Work well together and entertaining)

3. Mully & Hanley (Occasionally funny, somewhat boring, but very informative nontheless)

4. Carmen, Jurko, & Harry (Try too hard to be funny sometimes, not a good mix)

5. Danny Mac Show (I've gotten sick of Mac, just gotten too big and too full of himself IMO. Always about what he's doing or who he knows)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
1. B&B (I enjoy the humor and if you can get past the name-calling, they actually know what they are talking about usually)

3. Mully & Hanley (Occasionally funny, somewhat boring, but very informative nontheless)

5. Danny Mac Show (I've gotten sick of Mac, just gotten too big and too full of himself IMO. Always about what he's doing or who he knows)

This, pretty much.

Plus B&B had a 15 minute argument over pancakes being served at Waffle House the other week. That was pretty epic.

I don't get to listen to much sports radio these days but for me it has to be:

1) B&B - just the most thought provoking and insightful radio show. Maybe Mike North knows.

2) Mully and Hannely - just because they provide good bears coverage the morning after.

3) Waddle and Silvy - I am a big fan of Waddle but I don't like Silvy - he actually has a kind of a murph/cowherd vibe to him.

4) DMac - I used to be a big fan. Speigs is a tough listen, Mac is light on actual insight.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)

my list is identical to this.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
Laurence Holmes, especially the peoples hour.

Then B&B. It's just captivating.

Danny Mac is next.

Then Waddle & Silvy.

I only use ESPN 1000 for Bulls games.

I am so rarely near a radio when Law Holmes is on... his timeslot is veal. I love him whenever he is on, he might be the best. I still can't believe how swiftly they paired him with an 85 Bear and ruined his 11 o clock show a couple years back.

Law Holmes 4 Prez.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
Laurence Holmes, especially the peoples hour.

Me too. I voted other. I can't get behind Boers and Bernstein. They are far too judgmental. I stopped listening when they wouldn't lay off of Bob Probert, the day he died. I'm not even a huge hockey fan. I realize that he had made some choices that some people believe are bad. Those two think that having a drug problem and getting into some fights makes a guy a horrible monster who deserves death.

B&B

Abbatacola or Goff (hosting evenings)

Mully & Hanley

I can't understand why people listen to Larry. He parrots Bernstein's thoughts as his own, and is downright creepy when he talks about women. At the same time, I'm a fan of Murph, and I realize most people aren't.

I almost never turn to WMVP unless I can't watch the Bulls on tv. Recently, McNeil has become so awful that I've listened to Silvy and Waddle instead. What I got was a Chicago-flavored Mike&Mike. Yikes. Still better than listening to Mac wheeze about grilling, AC/DC, and the Blackhawks from 9-1. It's funny because his departure from WMVP (and Sox baseball) are what got me listening to B&B, now I would rather listen to silence instead of Mac.

And then I remembered that I had this:

http://www.am570radio.com/main.html

That is a link to the live stream of the Jim Rome Show. I guess I forgot I had it during one of his famous 2 week vacations where a bunch of nobodies fill in. Saves me from the black hole 9-1 slot on Chicago radio. Phenomenal.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

• 2 months later...

Because all of you jackasses loved B&B, I decided to listen to them over CJH, and wow. I like them so much better, haha. I don't care for Boers because the way he speaks irritates me and I think he is a moron a lot of times, but despite Bernstein's jackassness, I love him.

Thanks for converting me.