This Team is Trash Garbage...

soxfan72

Same ol' same ol' once again.....

Will Greg Walker ever be fired or do I have to put up with this crap the rest of my life? Slumps on the White Sox include 90% of the line up. They go on longer and deeper than any other team. They happen over and over, year after year. This team is an embarassment. When will people start being held accountable for the crap that is the White Sox the last X number of years?

I done with this team for the year. They SUCK hard. They SUCK long. They SUCK all too often. And another thing, they can't catch a damn baseball either.

And don't get me started on K. Williams, luckiest SOB ever and he jacked with the line up of a WS Championship team. That's it for now.

SoxFan72

QUOTE (soxfan72 @ May 1, 2011 -> 11:56 AM)

Will Greg Walker ever be fired or do I have to put up with this crap the rest of my life? Slumps on the White Sox include 90% of the line up. They go on longer and deeper than any other team. They happen over and over, year after year. This team is an embarassment. When will people start being held accountable for the crap that is the White Sox the last X number of years?

I done with this team for the year. They SUCK hard. They SUCK long. They SUCK all too often. And another thing, they can't catch a damn baseball either.

And don't get me started on K. Williams, luckiest SOB ever and he jacked with the line up of a WS Championship team. That's it for now.

SoxFan72

Then don't watch. No, you don't have to put up with being a White Sox fan. Go be a Giants fan. Then be a fan of who ever wins the World Series this year too.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 1, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
Then don't watch. No, you don't have to put up with being a White Sox fan. Go be a Giants fan. Then be a fan of who ever wins the World Series this year too.

I don't watch. Too pathetic. This team is a death march at the plate.

I go watch the local JUCO team instead. They play the game with energy. Plus, they can hit, throw and catch the ball too!

Highest payroll in the division and last place... HERE WE COME. Wow, worst record (most losses) in the majors too. Woooooo Hoooooooo!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
Lol. I miss Jan, Feb, March when I was the board demon. It's no fun anymore.

J4L, I love you to death, but why do you keep saying this?

Are you upset that you're not the center of attention, or are you trying to not so subtley make the point that all your warnings are becoming reality?

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 1, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
J4L, I love you to death, but why do you keep saying this?

Are you upset that you're not the center of attention, or are you trying to not so subtley make the point that all your warnings are becoming reality?

Yeah, you're right. I'll shut up. It's just everybody got on me all off-season now look at this. I'm not saying I was right or anything because I really don't think this team is done. It's just strange how all it took was a lousy month for everybody to go berserk. But ill shut up about that.

SoxFan72

Bye!

Funny how they always seem to hit, year after year. And funny how they hit 200 homeruns, year after year. But yes, Fire Greg Walker...because....slumps and stuff.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
Funny how they always seem to hit, year after year. And funny how they hit 200 homeruns, year after year. But yes, Fire Greg Walker...because....slumps and stuff.

Forget all of the situational stuff. As long as they hit a buttload of homers, he must be doing a great job.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:35 PM)
Forget all of the situational stuff. As long as they hit a buttload of homers, he must be doing a great job.

You only remember the situational stuff when they fail. Their numbers are pretty much in line with league averages.

2010: Above league averages (http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2010)

2009: Slightly below (http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2009)

2008: Above (http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2008)

2010 With Runners on: Above Average (http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2010/split/38)

2009: Below (http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2009/split/38)

2008: Above (http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2008/split/38)

And besides, their a team built around the homerun.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
You only remember the situational stuff when they fail. Their numbers are pretty much in line with league averages.

2010: Above league averages (http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2010)

2009: Slightly below (http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2009)

2008: Above (http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2008)

2010 With Runners on: Above Average (http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2010/split/38)

2009: Below (http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2009/split/38)

2008: Above (http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2008/split/38)

And besides, their a team built around the homerun.

You've got me there in the literal sense, but only one of those years are they near the top. With the "above average" ones, they are still right in the middle of the pack at 12/13. I suppose that makes sense, because that's how they usually finish as a team. Slightly better than .500.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:35 PM)

Let's not forget all of the situational stuff. Greg Walker became the hitting coach in 2003. Below is the team rank in average w/ RISP since he joined the Sox. Only 2 of 8 full seasons did they not finish in the top 13 in the league. One season was a disaster, but the other season they also happened to be the best team in baseball. They actually have been way above average in hitting with runners in scoring position since Walker became the hitting coach.

2003: 6th

2004: 2nd

2005: 22nd

2006: 1st

2007: 30th

2008: 8th

2009: 13th

2010: 3rd

2011: 9th

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
You've got me there in the literal sense, but only one of those years are they near the top. With the "above average" ones, they are still right in the middle of the pack at 12/13. I suppose that makes sense, because that's how they usually finish as a team. Slightly better than .500.

If you go back to say 2007 the numbers fall off, well because team was complete s***.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)
Let's not forget all of the situational stuff. Greg Walker became the hitting coach in 2003. Below is the team rank in average w/ RISP since he joined the Sox. Only 2 of 8 full seasons did they not finish in the top 13 in the league. One season was a disaster, but the other season they also happened to be the best team in baseball. They actually have been way above average in hitting with runners in scoring position since Walker became the hitting coach.

2003: 6th

2004: 2nd

2005: 22nd

2006: 1st

2007: 30th

2008: 8th

2009: 13th

2010: 3rd

2011: 9th

Bad stats are bad.

Using batting average for a team that almost never has a player who hits .300 in a season isn't really a good way to measure "clutch." Further, doesn't this kind of prove my point how hitting coaches don't do s*** for situational hitting? They won 99 games in 2005 with having the 22nd ranked ba RISP. In 2006 they were first and didn't make the playoffs.

It's to the point where they lose and I'm not even upset anymore... it's pretty bad that it's April and I'm already there. It's not so much what their record is so early in the season, it's how awful they're playing and I don't see any end in sight.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
It's to the point where they lose and I'm not even upset anymore... it's pretty bad that it's April and I'm already there. It's not so much what their record is so early in the season, it's how awful they're playing and I don't see any end in sight.

Well, it's May now.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)
Bad stats are bad.

Using batting average for a team that almost never has a player who hits .300 in a season isn't really a good way to measure "clutch." Further, doesn't this kind of prove my point how hitting coaches don't do s*** for situational hitting? They won 99 games in 2005 with having the 22nd ranked ba RISP. In 2006 they were first and didn't make the playoffs.

I agree. I was just responding to the post that was criticizing Walker for their situational hitting. I think hitting coaches have very little effect on the team's results, but want Walker fired just to send a message to the players. I just hate when people say that the Sox never hit with runners on, when in fact the stats show that they do.

And in 2006, they still won 90 games and fell apart cause of a tired pitching staff, so its hard to compare to 2005.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 1, 2011 -> 11:04 PM)

I don't get mad either because I expect us to lose every single game.

That is amazing it's gotten to this point, but s***, even if we ever lead again late, our bullpen will probably blow that game.

Remember Lilly's 2 great catches in NY to save yet another loss?

This team has lost five in a row since winning the first two in NY?? That's insane.

I mean loss after loss after loss.

This team is total, utter garbage and I also see no end in sight. Sox just go out there and lose almost every day.