5/11 Games

flavum

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
Because in the grand scheme of things the record just doesn't matter. I mean, have you ever watched or went to check a minor league boxscore and said "f***! they lost!" I mean honestly. If they do well that's a bonus. No problem. But do you think Nationals fans care about the record of their low A affiliate or the progress of Bryce Harper? Or Angels fans with how Mike Trout is doing or their AA record? It's all meaningless.

But you aren't a fan of the team. If you live there and are attending the games, you are a fan of the team and want to see them win. Hell, plenty of people are fans of the local minor league team and could care less about the major league affiliated they are backed by.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
I'll say one thing. The record of the Twins' AA and AAA teams these last seasons is a serious concern.

Development is one thing, but they've compiled the worst record in the minors in 2010 and 2011 and it's now reflected at the major league level as well.

When a major league team is having difficulty succeeding in terms of w/l record, they group all their prospects together and hope that they'll developing a "winning" habit that won't be so negatively counteracted when they get to the big leagues with a team like the Royals or Pirates.

Then there's Kenny who likes to acquire players from the Royals.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2011 -> 07:10 PM)
D2 is gonna have me calling him that again

7 HR's in his last 11 games...quite the power surge. He's already tied his 2010 total.

Am I imagining things, or did I hear something about him changing his stance/approach not too long ago?

Edited by Pale Sox

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
7 HR's in his last 11 games...quite the power surge. He's already tied his 2010 total.

Am I imagining things, or did I hear something about him changing his stance/approach not too long ago?

They have been talking about him and flowers changing their swings for about 2 years

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
They have been talking about him and flowers changing their swings for about 2 years

I remember Flowers getting the Greg Walker treatment, with the results you'd expect. Don't remember hearing quite as much about Danks until around Spring Training this year, but either way it's nice to see Danks doing something positive at the plate.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 11, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
Kenny Williams Jr. is literally the slowest runner on the Barons roster. He runs like he has a piano strapped to his back.

He ain't heavy, he's my son.

Another thing.

If the major league affiliate consistently provides their minor league teams with inferior talent that hardly ever put together winning/competitive seasons, the best minor league organizations (which are privately held) have the right to terminate their operating agreements with the major league teams and find better matches.

There's a huge difference playing in new stadiums with pristine, well-groomed infields in front of sold out crowds and the alternative. Cany anyone argue that developing the habit of winning championships at the minor league level at some point down the line DOESN'T have a positive effect, especially if the draftee hasn't played for successful programs in high school, JC or university??

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ May 11, 2011 -> 06:31 PM)

He changed it in the off-season and has been working through those changes since.