5/29 at Blue Jays

flavum

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
lmao. Dunn is fun bad right now. Get this overweight donkey out of here. 0/38 against lefties and he just adds to his major league-leading K total at 69. And he missed like a week. It'd probably be 80 or something.

No, if he hadn't had the appendectomy he'd be the Dunn of old. It threw him off for five weeks.

(green).

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 29, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
Wow is this an epic failure when this is the guy you bring up....the Jeff Gray decision is making this organization look like fools and no I do not think Jeff Gray is anything above average but he was doing his job with the Sox.

Danks should have been left in there for another inning and Harrell should finish this game no matter the result and be immediately sent down for another arm.

Accountability.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2011 -> 07:02 PM)
I think shack might be right. I might have to take a week off from this board.

Why? This team deserves all the criticism/mockery you can give out. Unfortunately, the future looks so grim with not many good minor leaguers except Tank.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
As far as I am concerned we have one legitimate prospect in the minors and a bunch of other guys who could be bullpen fodder or utility players.

Imagine how bad the Sox would have been if management declared they weren't going to be all in....

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ May 29, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
You need an outsider to come in here with a fresh perspective.

They haven't had anyone close to that since Himes - who despite everything has been the best evaluator of real talent the Sox ever had.

The one-hit wonders of 2005 do not qualify - unless we're satisfied in winning a world series once a century waiting around for mostly average players to have career years.

Yea, but uncle Jerry didn't like the fact that Himes didn't want to trade away any prospects to compete with the A's down the stretch in 1990 so he was shown the door.

Does it surpise you that jerry likes kenny so much?

For those of you scoring at home, Jeff Grey has only pitched ONE TIME from the Seattle bullpen since being picked up by the M's. 5/24.

Which, is one more time than what Pena should have been pitching in the majors.

The problem with firing everybody after this game is there's no plan in place for the future.

The current team has a batch of slow ballplayers and underachievers (for this season at least).

The minor league system has nothing except Tank.

The team's only hope still is the starting pitching and Danks now looks like s*** as well as Jackson.

Suddenly, the White Sox managing/GM job doesn't look like a good one.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
Why? This team deserves all the criticism/mockery you can give out. Unfortunately, the future looks so grim with not many good minor leaguers except Tank.

I don't think I can take it anymore. I've got no insults or criticism left in me. I've used them all up dating back to last year's September collapse.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
I don't think I can take it anymore. I've got no insults or criticism left in me. I've used them all up dating back to last year's September collapse.

Well, on he bright side.....oh forget it. I can't think of anything.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)

Well then just sit back and relax and watch. It's not rocket science. We were due for a season where we were out of it in May.

Let's just hope somehow this can be fixed/tweaked and the Sox aren't a s***ty team for years to come.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Well then just sit back and relax and watch. It's not rocket science. We were due for a season where we were out of it in May.

Let's just hope somehow this can be fixed/tweaked and the Sox aren't a s***ty team for years to come.

Well we are going to be. We don't have very tradeable assets. We don't pick til 47th this year. We have huge contracts tied up to unproductive and injured players. We really won't be good for like five years IMO.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
Well we are going to be. We don't have very tradeable assets. We don't pick til 47th this year. We have huge contracts tied up to unproductive and injured players. We really won't be good for like five years IMO.

This is going to be a VERY long summer, with no more Bulls, possibly no NFL, and obviously no MLB worthy teams to watch.