Sox vs BoSox Memorial Day Game Thread 5-30-11

Soxfest

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
My position is I think he's deserved to be fired this season. I think he should have been fired already.

On a personal level, I want him to manage the Sox forever. If that makes sense.

It actually makes no sense. lol. But we're still cool.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
I agree with Ozzie a lot more than most on this board....but I'm really perplexed why Dunn wasn't sent up to bat for Q that inning. Thats too big of a bat to leave on the bench for the entire game.

PH for Q ? really ? and with Dunn ?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 30, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
PH for Q ? really ? and with Dunn ?

Without a doubt...Dunn has been one of the biggest RBI guys in the league over the last few years and a couple of insurance runs there would have been huge. If we had gotten 2 more runs, it would allowed use to use the back end of the bullpen tonight and rest guys like Crain.

I kind of see this game, as it's developed, as a potential negative season breaker. Earlier, with the errors and Thornton's failure, they blew a 4-run lead and we have not recovered. (Though maybe it fell apart with the bunt into a triple play.) Anyway, I think that if they blow this, it would push them over the precipice upon which they're hanging by fingertips. Mentally, they would not recover.

It only works negatively, though. If they hang on, they are not off the edge... Maybe holding by 6 fingers instead of 5.

Edited by bobryansson

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 30, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
Without a doubt...Dunn has been one of the biggest RBI guys in the league over the last few years and a couple of insurance runs there would have been huge. If we had gotten 2 more runs, it would allowed use to use the back end of the bullpen tonight and rest guys like Crain.

Only if you desire seeing some mediocre lefty coming in to ace Dunn, yet again.