Official 2011 MLB Draft - Day 2

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
Karma for the Guillen family.

Good he had no business getting drafted that early last year. How do you feel now OG nobody else wanted your no talent hack kid earlier than last year.

Edited by Soxfest

For all we know, Ozzie being in a bad mood could be totally unrelated. I seriously doubt it, but he never stated a reason. Maybe it was something from the clubhouse, or other personal matters. Who knows for sure. I just posted his tweet because I found it coincidental. But that's really all it is at this point.

Oney was drafted in 2007 in the 36th round and you didn't hear a peep from anybody. In fact, he signed on.

In 2008 Ken Williams Jr. gets drafted 6th round, and signs on.

In 2010 Oney Guillen gets drafted 22nd round, and the sky is falling.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 11:55 PM)
For all we know, Ozzie being in a bad mood could be totally unrelated. I seriously doubt it, but he never stated a reason. Maybe it was something from the clubhouse, or other personal matters. Who knows for sure. I just posted his tweet because I found it coincidental. But that's really all it is at this point.

I had the exact same reaction you did after reading Ozzie's tweets. Especially after the huge stink he made last year.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 12:18 AM)
Oney was drafted in 2007 in the 36th round and you didn't hear a peep from anybody. In fact, he signed on.

In 2008 Ken Williams Jr. gets drafted 6th round, and signs on.

In 2010 Oney Guillen gets drafted 22nd round, and the sky is falling.

KW jr pick just burns my ass total bulls*** the 4th OF on his own team gets picked that high.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 12:21 AM)
KW jr pick just burns my ass total bulls*** the 4th OF on his own team gets picked that high.

It was the second time the Sox drafted KW Jr. He went very low out of HS and didn't sign. Ozney just isn't that good. No homers and he projects as a corner infielder.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)
It's also possible that Ozney is viewed as unsignable.

Ozney said he would sign unless the offer was ridiculous. They turned down 50k last year. I can't see a 30 + round draft pick getting 50k this year. Ozzie and Oney believe Ozney will be a star and should get preferential treatment because of his last name.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 07:28 AM)
Ozney said he would sign unless the offer was ridiculous. They turned down 50k last year. I can't see a 30 + round draft pick getting 50k this year. Ozzie and Oney believe Ozney will be a star and should get preferential treatment because of his last name.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
How soon after the draft do the early signees start to roll in? By this weekend maybe? And when do Great Falls and Bristol start up?

Draft signings happen pretty quickly, but some of the guys are still in the NCAA tourney so they won't sign for a while.

Pioneer League starts June 20. Appy League starts June 21.

Thanks Dirty...love the Indians' draft if most of those prospects pan out. Pretty good stuff by Sickels as always.

White Sox did pretty good too. Nothing earth shattering but I think that you have to have a good foundation of players and then go from there. This was a solid draft.