6/30 Games

danman31

I wouldn't take anything from the Kannapolis game seriously. Honestly worst umpires I had ever seen in my life. Tommy Thompson, Charles Poe, & Jose Bautista all ejected. I've heard Ever Mangalles is in town, maybe he is managing now in the 6th?

P.S. Foul Balls are not Homeruns!!

Hate it for Matt Heidenreich. 4R so far and it's all the umpires' fault. [radio edit X100,000] Make that 100,0001 while I post, they kept getting worse...

QUOTE (LayelBurton @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 06:45 PM)
I wouldn't take anything from the Kannapolis game seriously. Honestly worst umpires I had ever seen in my life. Tommy Thompson, Charles Poe, & Jose Bautista all ejected. I've heard Ever Mangalles is in town, maybe he is managing now in the 6th?

P.S. Foul Balls are not Homeruns!!

Hate it for Matt Heidenreich. 4R so far and it's all the umpires' fault. [radio edit X100,000] Make that 100,0001 while I post, they kept getting worse...

Rant post... Sorry I dont do that often. Kannapolis came back to win 6-5. Makes it a little better.

Leighton Pangilinan (1B) had a great game last night for the Voyagers in the 8-5 victory. Panda went 4 for 5 with a HR, 2 RBIs, and 2 runs scored. He's on a 6 game hit streak and has been red hot his last three games going a combined 7 for 12. He could be something special if he gets his poop in a group. He's just turned 20 a couple months ago so he's got time to figure it all out. Nothing overly exciting on the pitching side. Gehle was solid on the start going 5 innings and giving up 2 runs on 4 hits with 6 strikeouts. Scott Snodgrass game in for two innings of relief giving up one hit, unfortunatly a HR at that. He struck out six but walked three.

QUOTE (gfbaseball @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 07:34 AM)
Leighton Pangilinan (1B) had a great game last night for the Voyagers in the 8-5 victory. Panda went 4 for 5 with a HR, 2 RBIs, and 2 runs scored. He's on a 6 game hit streak and has been red hot his last three games going a combined 7 for 12. He could be something special if he gets his poop in a group.

Is he as "full of himself" (and I'm putting that nicely) as what I heard about him?

QUOTE (gfbaseball @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 08:34 AM)
Leighton Pangilinan (1B) had a great game last night for the Voyagers in the 8-5 victory. Panda went 4 for 5 with a HR, 2 RBIs, and 2 runs scored. He's on a 6 game hit streak and has been red hot his last three games going a combined 7 for 12. He could be something special if he gets his poop in a group. He's just turned 20 a couple months ago so he's got time to figure it all out. Nothing overly exciting on the pitching side. Gehle was solid on the start going 5 innings and giving up 2 runs on 4 hits with 6 strikeouts. Scott Snodgrass game in for two innings of relief giving up one hit, unfortunatly a HR at that. He struck out six but walked three.

I hear fiber pills work well for that

QUOTE (gfbaseball @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 06:34 AM)

Couldn't help but notice his stats, too. Drafted in 09, this his third year in Rookie Ball.

From here, it sure looks as if Jordan Danks is a better player than he was a year ago. I would not be surprised if he makes Sox in 2012, as backup CF if nothing else. I think he will have an edge over Lillibridge next year.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
From here, it sure looks as if Jordan Danks is a better player than he was a year ago. I would not be surprised if he makes Sox in 2012, as backup CF if nothing else. I think he will have an edge over Lillibridge next year.

Only if they're really trying to keep D1.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)

Lillibridge has earned his role on the bench next year.

Oh, and if Danks requires that his brother be on the roster to resign, you f***ing trade him. That's worse than LeBron James wanting his posse in the locker room...that's wanting your posse on the major league roster. You trade him with his brother and let that organization deal with it (and then watch both be all-stars during the same season)

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
I don't really care what my brother does. Does this really matter? Although we don't play MLB..

I don't know that it does matter, but I also don't know that it doesn't.

I do know that Jordan Danks has failed to earn a major league roster spot even as a backup right now.

When I made my Jordan Danks post, I wasn't even thinking about big brother. But, judging by stats only, because I don't see him play, it looks as if he has improved from last year, so who's to say he won't continue improving. I hear he is an excellent CF, and Sox will need a backup CF next year. Lilli is barely adequate, especially after his sleepwalking play last Tuesday night in Denver. Also, Sox must put Danks on 40 man next year or risk losing him. Lilli will never be a big league hitter -- . Of course, Young Danks will have to continue doing well and play well in ST next year, and if we trade for a CF veteran, then all of this changes.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
When I made my Jordan Danks post, I wasn't even thinking about big brother. But, judging by stats only, because I don't see him play, it looks as if he has improved from last year, so who's to say he won't continue improving. I hear he is an excellent CF, and Sox will need a backup CF next year. Lilli is barely adequate, especially after his sleepwalking play last Tuesday night in Denver. Also, Sox must put Danks on 40 man next year or risk losing him. Lilli will never be a big league hitter -- . Of course, Young Danks will have to continue doing well and play well in ST next year, and if we trade for a CF veteran, then all of this changes.

The thing that makes me extremely skeptical is that his strikeout pace is just as bad as it was last year.

If the Sox go into rebuild mode next year (I don't know why I'd assume that, KW hates that idea), I'd love to see Danks and Flowers get extended looks. You hope you can get a couple ball players out of Morel, Beckham, Danks and Flowers.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 09:18 AM)
Couldn't help but notice his stats, too. Drafted in 09, this his third year in Rookie Ball.

I'll cut him a little slack for last year, he broke his arm pretty early in the season and sat out the rest of the year. His biggest problem is laying off pitches in the dirt. Breaking balls and sliders in the dirt just eat him up. If he can start letting those ones go and wait for a better pitch he'll improve quickly.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 07:17 AM)
Is he as "full of himself" (and I'm putting that nicely) as what I heard about him?

Not from what I've heard or seen. The guys I've talked to all like Panda and think he's a good guy. He's been over to my house a couple times and he's been pretty quiet and very respectful. Nothing like I would expect from a guy "full of himself".