Jerry must be so proud

fathom

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
I just answered his hypothetical. If you can spot a guy and after 10 seconds think to yourself he's gay or think he's gay, that's loud to me. There's a difference between that and more reserved gays. If I had to choose who to live with, which is very important in this case, I'd go with the more reserved. That doesn't mean you have to "hide" it.

Why are you being so loud with your heterosexuality? I find it offensive.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
Why are you being so loud with your heterosexuality? I find it offensive.

Well, I mean, I wouldn't want to live with a huge Bro. A very flamboyant gay person might not fit your personality. But it also doesn't have much to do with them being gay.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)
Well, I mean, I wouldn't want to live with a huge Bro. A very flamboyant gay person might not fit your personality. But it also doesn't have much to do with them being gay.

I think you missed the point here.

We hear constantly, in this thread, how people have no problems with gay people, they just wish they wouldn't wear the fact that they're gay on their sleeve all the time. Oh and did you see that girl at the party last night? Man she was so hot. Or here, take a look at my photos of my kids. Aren't they adorable?

If you can spot a guy within 10 seconds and say he's hetero, that's loud to me. There's a difference between that and the more reserved heteros.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
I think you missed the point here.

We hear constantly, in this thread, how people have no problems with gay people, they just wish they wouldn't wear the fact that they're gay on their sleeve all the time. Oh and did you see that girl at the party last night? Man she was so hot. Or here, take a look at my photos of my kids. Aren't they adorable?

If you can spot a guy within 10 seconds and say he's hetero, that's loud to me. There's a difference between that and the more reserved heteros.

Come on, there are certain gay men who are incredibly flamboyant to the point of being extremely annoying and obnoxious. It has nothing to do with them preferring men over women and everything to do with them acting that way.

I'm sure Jordan feels much like he should be more tolerant with a couple of hundred posts telling what a bigot he is....

Honestly, if he really did hate gay people, I am not really sure that a lot of this thread would do to change his mind. Getting slammed from a couple of dozen different people at once isn't exactly an invitation to open your mind.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
Come on, there are certain gay men who are incredibly flamboyant to the point of being extremely annoying and obnoxious. It has nothing to do with them preferring men over women and everything to do with them acting that way.

Have you ever been to a college party? There are plenty of straight men who are incredibly flamboyant to the point of being extremely annoying and obnoxious. But that's ok, because they're straight.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 01:53 PM)
Have you ever been to a college party? There are plenty of straight men who are incredibly flamboyant to the point of being extremely annoying and obnoxious. But that's ok, because they're straight.

Actually, it's not ok, which is why we call guys like that frat boy douchebags. I'm not sure who told you it's ok because they're straight, but it's not...and never has been. Just because HIS crew thinks it's ok, doesn't mean the rest of us think it's ok. The same way a very flamboyant homosexual's crew probably doesn't mind the extreme flamboyance.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
Actually, it's not ok, which is why we call guys like that frat boy douchebags. I'm not sure who told you it's ok because they're straight, but it's not...and never has been. Just because HIS crew thinks it's ok, doesn't mean the rest of us think it's ok. The same way a very flamboyant homosexual's crew probably doesn't mind the extreme flamboyance.

Well done.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 12:01 PM)
Hey, you gotta take the good with the bad when you make that choice. And I'll never believe for a second that people are born gay. GMAB. Mankind would end if everybody were gay. I believe it's a combination of environment, influences, lack of a strong male figure, boredom, curiosity (this is almost always the case with women), etc.

Well, you are dead wrong on every count. I am now convinced that you don't believe what you are saying.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)

Bingo.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
I'm sure Jordan feels much like he should be more tolerant with a couple of hundred posts telling what a bigot he is....

Honestly, if he really did hate gay people, I am not really sure that a lot of this thread would do to change his mind. Getting slammed from a couple of dozen different people at once isn't exactly an invitation to open your mind.

I’m not necessarily trying to change his mind as much as trying to understand his point. His admitting that he thinks people actually choose to be gay made a big difference. Like his kid would do that just to be different or to shame him in some way on purpose.

Now I would be upset if my child grew up and chose to become a serial killer or a child molester. Although I have read that people like that have a chemical imbalance in their brain so maybe that’s not much of a choice either.

Either way I’m still trying to figure out the strawman argument of not wanting to be in the same house as 2 gay men while they are having sex. I wonder if it would be different if it were a straight couple. Or 2 lesbians?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
And you're naive if you don't think 99% of fathers or future fathers don't agree with me. I just come out and say it without trying to look like a nice guy. If I came home one day and saw my 6-year old son kissing another 6-year old boy, I'd go f***ing apes***. I'm not going to try to be understanding. I'm gonna be like WTF is going on and attempt to put an end to it immediately. Anybody who disagrees, I'm going to pull a Balta, you're lying to me and yourself.

I know a family who had a 24 year old son come out of the closet. His father couldn't handle it, totally disassociated himself from the son , emotionally, socially and financially. The son was a working partner in the family business. The son ended up putting a dress on, literally going back into his bedroom closet and blew his own brains out. His note said, I am back in the closet Dad.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 04:58 PM)
And you're naive if you don't think 99% of fathers or future fathers don't agree with me. I just come out and say it without trying to look like a nice guy. If I came home one day and saw my 6-year old son kissing another 6-year old boy, I'd go f***ing apes***. I'm not going to try to be understanding. I'm gonna be like WTF is going on and attempt to put an end to it immediately. Anybody who disagrees, I'm going to pull a Balta, you're lying to me and yourself.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)
99% is probably high, but I bet if you did a poll the vast, vast majority would agree that they would hope that their kid was not gay, regardless of their views on homosexuality and regardless of how they think they'd act as a parent in that situation. Fact of the matter is that life is incredibly difficult and parents (or people who want to be parents) want their kids to live the easiest life possible.

QUOTE (jenksfart @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
I had an aunt who had sexual relations with her horse. Now I know people will think I'm joking and no I am not trying to make a connection here. I just want to know if you would accept her too? Because it was very hard for my parents, particularly my mom, because that was her older sister.

I'm indifferent because I only have memories of my aunt from when I was 4 years old before she passed. You just don't care about issues when you are young.

1.) I don't know how to handle that first one, but going apes*** is probably not the answer. Do 6 year old kids start kissing out of nowhere? I wonder what an expert would do.

2.) Interesting post by Jenks. I would probably agree with it actually. Tough topic. I would think a huge majority of people would prefer their kids have a man/woman relationship, house with 2 kids. But if their kid is gay well good parents go with the flow.

3.) Geez. Sex with a horse is disturbing and I don't even know what to say. Don't do it.

As far as Beckham, cmon. Writing Getz is gay was so stupid.

He could have just wrote something clever not incorrect like that.

How bout, Getz go home.

Or Getz was here.

Getz on wrong team

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)

Ok, I'll make a deal. Gay pride parades will go away when any public display of extreme heterosexuality goes away.

For example, no one here can go out in public with their kids and spouse any more. That's flamboyantly stressing one's heterosexuality way too much for any reasonable standard. I mean, all it's doing is telling me about your sex life, and I don't want to know about what people do with their wives.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
Ok, I'll make a deal. Gay pride parades will go away when any public display of extreme heterosexuality goes away.

For example, no one here can go out in public with their kids and spouse any more. That's flamboyantly stressing one's heterosexuality way too much for any reasonable standard. I mean, all it's doing is telling me about your sex life, and I don't want to know about what people do with their wives.

We call this reaching.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)

Rather than tossing out apples vs oranges, how about we toss out oranges vs oranges.

I have no problem with a gay/lesbian couple walking together in a park, and if they have a child, so be it.

Just as I have no problem with a straight couple walking together in a park with a child.

^^ Apples | Apples ^^

I do have a problem with gay pride parades...just as I'd have a problem with straight pride parades if they existed.

Just as I have a problem with douchebag frat boys prancing around like asshats, I dislike when I have to see weirdo flamboyant gays doing the same.

^^ Apples | Apples ^^

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
Steve, Russ, you guys have a gay relative? Or what's the reason for your over-sensitivity and hyperbole?

I have a few close friends who came out, including one of my best friends since childhood who has come out and said he was bi. I also have been involved intensively in university housing as an intern who focused on social justice leadership education as well as a resident advisor.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
Or as Hawk would say 50 feet short of the warning track... "STRETCH!"

GO ON, GET BACK THERE...HE LOOKS UP...

OHHHH...

DAG GUB IT!

:D

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
And I call complaining about gay people being loud with their homosexuality reaching.

You have to meet someone on their grounds. I can see J4L probably making the most flamboyant of gay culture in his idea of a gay person (see: big gay al post). And I think he's using that as a shield. And when it's pointed out he wouldn't want to hang out with bros either, it's beside the point, which is that that stereotype really has nothing to do with them being gay as much as having a loud personality.