8/1 Yankees @ Sox 7:10

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
There is no way. Too much money for the production he is giving.

I think maybe some GMs would look past this year and at his other years. Maybe they would risk it.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Dunn's struggles almost seem unprecedented. I mean, there are bad seasons, and then there's.....this.

Dunn literally looks like they pulled some beer league dude out of the stands because he won a Face CC Contest.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:32 PM)
Unfortunately, over the past 3 or 4 years, I honestly don't think there has been a worse GM in all of baseball.

I really can't think of more than maybe 2 or 3 GM's worse than Kenny or more than 2 or 3 managers worse than Ozzie the last 3 years.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:32 AM)
Unfortunately, over the past 3 or 4 years, I honestly don't think there has been a worse GM in all of baseball.

It would be hard to. Two other candidates, Wade and Hendry, will be out of a job shortly.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
I think maybe some GMs would look past this year and at his other years. Maybe they would risk it.

The only way I could see someone acquiring Dunn is if the Sox paid at least half his salary. But that would have to be via a trade.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
The only way I could see someone acquiring Dunn is if the Sox paid at least half his salary. But that would have to be via a trade.

I would rather do that with Rios than Dunn

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
It would be hard to. Two other candidates, Wade and Hendry, will be out of a job shortly.

I know for a fact KW would have blown up this team if they were 20 games under .500. Somehow, the delusional Hendry thinks his team can compete next year and kept his players. Hendry and KW are similar to me. The Cubs play in the harder division, mainly because the Cards are always good, and he has three divisions since 2003. KW has two since 2001. They are both bad given their inherent advantages.

The thing that baffles me is that if Kenny thought this team was close enough not to sell off players, why the heck didn't he try to get a piece or two to help this offense? I'm not talking superstar addition, but at least someone who can maybe hit the ball out of a Little League park.