Sox vs Damned Yankees 8-2 game thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are people watching for the rest of the year? I think the individual things I'd like to see are Beckham and Rios finishing strong. Hopefully Santos and Sale don't get overused down the stretch. I really don't care too much about how the rest of this roster does....until Viciedo gets promoted.

I'll never understand why some of you people still care enough to follow this boring ass team...

I'll tune in once in a while because I love baseball and the White Sox will always be my team but I've accepted the fact months ago that this team save for it's starting rotation, well, they really aren't a good team.It's not like they are gonna stop sucking, you guys must really be gluttons for pain.

FIRE OZZIE

FIRE KW

FIRE WALKER

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
I'll never understand why some of you people still care enough to follow this boring ass team...

I'll tune in once in a while because I love baseball and the White Sox will always be my team but I've accepted the fact months ago that this team save for it's starting rotation, well, they really aren't a good team.It's not like they are gonna stop sucking, you guys must really be gluttons for pain.

FIRE OZZIE

FIRE KW

FIRE WALKER

:notworthy

White Sox baseball: Can it get any more boring?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 07:50 PM)
So what are people watching for the rest of the year? I think the individual things I'd like to see are Beckham and Rios finishing strong. Hopefully Santos and Sale don't get overused down the stretch. I really don't care too much about how the rest of this roster does....until Viciedo gets promoted.

Since it seems like we're stuck with him, I kind of have no choice but to pull for Rios to get better. I do believe Dunn will have his mini-surge at some point, giving suckers like myself something to hope for. But I don't think he will work well with LaRussa.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:50 AM)

I wonder if some of the guys will listen to the new hitting coach next year. Beckham's career is at a crossroads and somehow they have to develop a line drive mentality.

I don't know what to watch the rest of the way.

I'd bring up Danks and play DeAza every day and Viciedo every day. Maybe even Flowers almost every day and let AJ DH or something since he's had a good season.

We might as well let a lot of guys close and shut down Sergio and Humber if they are overworked.

Maybe give Mark a break and shut him down as well and let some AAA guys start a few games.

Stewart and Sale definitely need to be given some opportunities to show what they can do in extended outings.

Maybe Santiago.

Perhaps they start Bruney, if for no other reason than our AAA rotation is a joke and we don't have a single legit starting prospect north of Winston-Salem.

I doubt they will look at the likes of Leesman or Shirek or AAAA pitcher like that.

If Sale shows ANY signs or duress or tiring, you shut him down and start building again. AFL. Winter ball....spring training. Figure it out, Cooper.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
I wonder if some of the guys will listen to the new hitting coach next year. Beckham's career is at a crossroads and somehow they have to develop a line drive mentality.

I don't know what to watch the rest of the way.

I'd bring up Danks and play DeAza every day and Viciedo every day. Maybe even Flowers almost every day and let AJ DH or something since he's had a good season.

We might as well let a lot of guys close and shut down Sergio and Humber if they are overworked.

Maybe give Mark a break and shut him down as well and let some AAA guys start a few games.

Yo.Greg, you're getting ahead of yourself, Walker is unfireable...he must have some pics of JR and a 16 year old.

this almost surreal lauren teahen thing just fits 100% with the way the entire season has gone and the last 4 days of pathetic, season-ending baseball.

except we still have the bataan death march through minneapolis...all of us will be inured and apathetic to the lossses by that point

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 04:17 AM)
Yo.Greg, you're getting ahead of yourself, Walker is unfireable...he must have some pics of JR and a 16 year old.

I'm pretty much assuming a total housecleaning after the season. I guess that could change if Cora gets the head man's job.

Tonight's game was a return to April/May. Wow what a blowout stinker of a game.

Can you imagine getting swept by NYY in the Cell and then having to get on a plane to go to Minnesota? If the guys care at all, what a horrible feeling getting thrown around at home and now going to get blown away before 35,000 fans a night in Minnie.

QUOTE (onedude @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 05:35 AM)
this season is truly undefinable...there is no negative succession of words I can come up with to describe this team/management/players.

I never thought baseball would be so unwatchable.

There's just nothing to look forward to in watching this team play.