Gamethread: White Sox vs Angels

Kyyle23

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:29 AM)
You are confusing "having a bad season" with "has no skills". Dunn has more power than almost anyone in this league, and to think otherwise is ridiculous, really.

You can't say this anymore. He led the league in average distance for home runs the past few years, and now this year, he's probably only hit 3 or 4 "long" homers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
You can't say this anymore. He led the league in average distance for home runs the past few years, and now this year, he's probably only hit 3 or 4 "long" homers.

You can't quit a guy after one bad year with the career he has had. If that was the case, we should have dumped Buehrle and Konerko a long time ago.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)

1 of every 3 or 4 homers being a monstrous blast is still a pretty good ratio

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:31 PM)

You really think he went from Ryan Howard power to Tadahito Iguchi power in one offseason? I have no seen Dunn in batting practice, but I bet he hits his fair share of 450+ ft balls. The power is still there, it's how contact rate and ability to hit crushable pitches that is totally out of wack. Guys, especially prolific home-run hitters, don't just randomly lose all their strength. Like they say, your speed is the first thing to go, your power is the last.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
As awful as this season has been, it's completely depressing to think the Sox are stuck with Rios and Dunn for three more seasons.

Dunn is finished.

He's inept. There isn't one thing he does at the major league level -- hit for average (no), hit for power (no), run (no), field (no) and catch (no).

The Chairman needs to make somebody answer for wasting $56 million.

It's ridiculous.

It was the Chairman who OK'd that money, so he is just as much to blame. Two of the highest salaries came from the NL. Perhaps this organization over rates NL talent.

Maybe they should have passed on him and waited for Viciedo.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:36 AM)
You really think he went from Ryan Howard power to Tadahito Iguchi power in one offseason? I have no seen Dunn in batting practice, but I bet he hits his fair share of 450+ ft balls. The power is still there, it's how contact rate and ability to hit crushable pitches that is totally out of wack. Guys, especially prolific home-run hitters, don't just randomly lose all their strength. Like they say, your speed is the first thing to go, your power is the last.

I have no idea what's happened to him, but I just looked up Konerko's awful season, and it makes PK look like Tony Gwynn compared to 2011 Adam Dunn.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
I have no idea what's happened to him, but I just looked up Konerko's awful season, and it makes PK look like Tony Gwynn compared to 2011 Adam Dunn.

Funny to think, but Adam Dunn has the second worst contract in this game.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:39 AM)
The funny, or awful, thing about Rios' pop ups are that he never seems to know where the ball is, and then he jolts his head up in surprise and then jogs.

Don't worry, we then get a shocking 5-3 off the bat of Alexei

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:39 AM)
The funny, or awful, thing about Rios' pop ups are that he never seems to know where the ball is, and then he jolts his head up in surprise and then jogs.

BTW, it's such a legit observation you made. It's all about the plate coverage that he doesn't get on pitches on the outer half. Something that has to get fixed next year.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
He'll be a Sox in two years because Kenny always wanted him.

you know, maybe KW should be called Sloppy Seconds, cuz that's what all his acquisition of players once past their prime reminds me of.....wait til there current club sees them no longer fit then go and get the "bargain" with name still attached