White Sox Winner!!!!

LittleHurt05

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
I can't think of a single solitary poster on this board that said keeping Viciedo in the minors was the correct thing to do. Names or you're hallucinating.

Edit: greg and elrockin don't count.

I did.

There's that service time thing. He has to learn how to catch a baseball. He spent more time with Charlotte's hitting instructor meaning less time with Walker. Maybe the Charlotte staff and KW thought he wasn't ready.

There's no way to know if they same players would have put out the same performance if brought up earlier.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
.500 against the division...woo...

Cle 7-3

Det 5-7

KC 5-6

Min 6-7

Do this the rest...

Cle 6-2

Det 4-2

KC 5-2

Min 3-2

Tor 2-1

20-9, I'll give them a fighting chance. Tigers would have to go 14-13 to tie.

Damn, running out of games.

What people haven't realized is Detroit has had trouble playing .500 in the division.

15-7 vs. The Central in the Second Half so far with every single game from here on out (minus the last three with Toronto) against Central teams.

Too little too late? Who knows haha. f***ing hell this team...

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
I did.

There's that service time thing. He has to learn how to catch a baseball. He spent more time with Charlotte's hitting instructor meaning less time with Walker. Maybe the Charlotte staff and KW thought he wasn't ready.

There's no way to know if they same players would have put out the same performance if brought up earlier.

Service time? With this organization? Are you serious? No franchise in baseball ignores the future for the immediate present like this one.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:38 AM)
I can't think of a single solitary poster on this board that said keeping Viciedo in the minors was the correct thing to do. Names or you're hallucinating.

I always wanted them to call up Viciedo. I wanted him up that series before the all-star break.

Really wanted him up before the NY/Boston fiascos.

I did say I knew they wouldn't bring him up cause Oz loves Juan and because of Dunn there was nowhere to put Dayan.

I even suggested Dayan return to third (when Morel was sucking eggs) and got crucified for that. But I always wanted him up.

--anybody else noticed Oz hasn't played Omar lately. Thank god. There's gonna be a meltdown on here cause Dunn figures to be back in the lineup soon and AJ too. The new-guy mojo may be ending soon. And when CQ comes back either no Tank or DeAza.

There still are a lotta issues. I truly think we are not in the race after this weekend vs. Detroit. Too many issues.

p.s. I loved when Minnie threw that ground ball into the outfield to score the runs to tie it. That was awesome. Great to beat Minnie 5 in a row.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)

Ok Kite krazy already admitted it and I've got 2 more. Go to the thread" IF the Sox come back and finish only 1 or 2 games out".

Look at post 25 and then post 42 and the conversation that follows. You tell me if I'm still hallucinating.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

I have to admit that these last 3 games have just been a joy to watch with the youngins pretty much carrying us to victories. That being said, this is so bitter-sweet, we're not going to win the division but we really could have and probably would have had these obvious and necessary moves been made a few months earlier. Stupid f***in organization.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 10:36 PM)
I have to admit that these last 3 games have just been a joy to watch with the youngins pretty much carrying us to victories. That being said, this is so bitter-sweet, we're not going to win the division but we really could have and probably would have had these obvious and necessary moves been made a few months earlier. Stupid f***in organization.

It's the typical surge at the end of the year that keeps people's jobs and prevents whole sale changes...

At this point, all they can do is keep winning. They need to win atleast 3 of the next 4 to maintain some sort of relativity. If they can somehow win the next 4, they are suddenly, at the worst, 2 games out. Lose the series to Detroit and they're, at best, 6 games out.

There's a chance if they keep winning. At the very least it's nice to see them winning a bit, especially against the Twins.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:03 AM)
I didn't watch the early innings. Did Zach stink? Is he toast?

To me he looked very hittable. His fastball won't over power anyone and he had some trouble locating it- plus there isn't much movement on it. Same thing for the changeup. I'd say he has an average curveball from the limited sample size I've seen, so there you go.

Also I think he has trouble when pitching in trouble/in the stretch. Way too early to say he's done of course but from a "stuff" standpoint I don't anything that excites me. Really all you can hope for is he can hit his locations because he is aggressive. There's my .02

I didn't see anything wrong with his stuff. It wasn't great, but I wasnt expecting it to be. He left pitches up, nibbled a bit, didn't have a good put-away pitch, was catching too much plate when he was ahead, fell behind hitters, and then threw too good of pitches when behind. It was not a good performance but he looked like a young pitcher with mid-rotation potential tonight. I think that's about how he projects, so he fit his description perfectly tonight.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:05 AM)
I got 4 tickets in the 2nd row of the lower reserved to the final game of the season vs Toronto for $75. How badass will that deal be if that game is meaningful.

I tell you what, I was at the blackout game, and that was better than all but maybe one other game I have ever been to.