f*** Detroit, the Game Thread Sox vs Tigers 9/12/11

southsider2k5

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
I guess there is a better chance to over achieve there were under achieving is more common.

There really is no reason to retain any of these coaches. Cooper seems to only have short term success.

Its time for some sort of overhaul. This current arrangement isn't working. If its only Ozzie or only KW, you're just delaying the inevitable, because next offseason changes will have to be made. I still maintain maybe JR steps back, someone takes over being the Chairman and they can make the hard decisions if he won't. The partners can't be happy their profit margin is taking a hit.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
I guess there is a better chance to over achieve there were under achieving is more common.

There really is no reason to retain any of these coaches. Cooper seems to only have short term success.

Realistically, what long-term success could Cooper have with half a Jake Peavy?

He's (seemingly) gotten the most he could out of Humber and Stewart. Jackson wasn't as good this year, but his overall numbers were better for us than they were for any team he's pitched for, and that's not even taking park factors into consideration.

I guess the main criticism will be directed at the enigmatic performances of Floyd and Danks for the last couple of seasons. Both have seemingly regressed.

Until recently, Buehrle has pitched as well as he ever has for a sustained stretch.

Same thing with Contreras....hard to have sustained success with an injured/aging pitcher there.

Edited by caulfield12

Morel is surging, almost up to 640 OPS.

Unfortunately, none of it came in meaningful games, but better than nothing.

If we could only see SOME glimmer of hope from Beckham. Unfortunately, it's only likely to happen with a change in hitting coaches...if he believes the only problem is swinging at balls out of the strikezone or high fastballs he can't ever seem to catch up with.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
Its time for some sort of overhaul. This current arrangement isn't working. If its only Ozzie or only KW, you're just delaying the inevitable, because next offseason changes will have to be made. I still maintain maybe JR steps back, someone takes over being the Chairman and they can make the hard decisions if he won't. The partners can't be happy their profit margin is taking a hit.

unhappy enough to force a sale...i can only hope....perhaps to someone who doesn't have to use the profits to eat off of

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
unhappy enough to force a sale...i can only hope....perhaps to someone who doesn't have to use the profits to eat off of

Sure those guys are plentiful in a bad economy. A new owner is going to have to pay off buying the team first. That may eat into "profits", no?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
Huge homers. Sign him to a Longoria deal before its too late.

I do hope this does translate into something next season. Last year's September longballs didn't. Maybe he just needed a full season, or maybe guys don't care if he hits it 400 feet when they are up by 11.

or out of first place by 11

Let's please not even bring Ozzie into this just lament the fact we are 11.5 games out.

Can you believe this horses*** season? So many optimists on this board and everywhere pointing out that "all we need to do is have one long winning streak." This when we were anywhere between 4 and 6 out for so many weeks. People looking ahead to the next homestand or road trip still having a glimmer of hope we might get hot and/or compete!

All false hope. What a joke.

Predictably, all hope finally ended in late August, early September.

GOD I HATED THIS .500 SEASON!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 11:57 PM)
Let's please not even bring Ozzie into this just lament the fact we are 11.5 games out.

Can you believe this horses*** season? So many optimists on this board and everywhere pointing out that "all we need to do is have one long winning streak." This when we were anywhere between 4 and 6 out for so many weeks. People looking ahead to the next homestand or road trip still having a glimmer of hope we might get hot and/or compete!

All false hope. What a joke.

Predictably, all hope finally ended in late August, early September.

GOD I HATED THIS .500 SEASON!

Agree with most of this.