All New Soccer Thread ~ All Levels ~ All Leagues

Texsox

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Feb 2, 2014 -> 06:22 PM)
Bit of club history made today. 11 clean sheets for our keeper Fraser Forster, beating the old record of 10 set in 1922.

There you are now. I'm glad I could make your day. :)

With Hart's recent struggles, England should really be giving Forster a look in the net

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 01:20 PM)
With Hart's recent struggles, England should really be giving Forster a look in the net

They really, really should be. He's a great option to have.

He got a run out in a friendly there a while back, fecked if I can remember who against, but I think he has a lot to offer them.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 12:26 AM)
Barca owned Man City today. The EPL isn't the best league in the world in anyway that shows on the field, and today was another example.

It's no the best in terms of top level quality but it is best in terms of depth and entertainment. The top-heaviness of La Liga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 is absurd. Only Serie A rivals the competitiveness throughout the whole top flight that the EPL possesses

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 09:18 AM)
I was talking to a friend who knows nothing (I know a little more than nothing) about soccer and we both agreed that that the Saturday morning premier league soccer is awesome. Neither of us really know why but it was great move by NBC to pick it up....well he bets on it pretty heavily.

My favorite thing is Match of the Day. That show is like crack. All sports need to copy that model. Who needs studio anchors spouting lame catch phrases over highlights? Let the highlights do the work by themselves with original commentary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)
God I hate Moyes so much. Saggy-faced knob.

That United game was terrible, the only thing worse was the Madrid-Barca game's officiating but man City just ran right through United every which way they wanted.

Add: Moyes should have been fired, Ferguson is probably still telling them to give him time but Moyes is definitely not the answer.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 07:05 PM)
Puebla not releasing Beasley or Orozco to play in the US friendly vs Mexico. Of course all the other Mexican clubs released their Mexican players.

f*** Mexico. I wish Panama wasnt so dumb to not bunker in the final minutes against the US in the last qualifier.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 01:16 PM)
I like the away. Home is terribad

That's funny. The home is growing on me, although it's still boring. The away is awful. Then again the hoops they had this year were my least favorite U.S. jersey in memory. The new away and the hoops will likely be battling it out for worst jersey ever.

• 2 weeks later...