Sergio Santos traded to Toronto

Steve9347

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
The thing with Santos is pitchers who rely so much on their slider seem to fall apart quickly. I loved watching Sergio, but we're selling high on him. Good luck Sergio!

I thought they could have gotten 2 players instead of one for Santos (around the quality of the one we are getting back), but it's most definitely saying that the Sox weren't sure on Santos lasting for very long, which is a fair assessment.

I like the move for both teams though.

I don't see this move being a sign of blowing up the team or a full rebuild. I see it as Toronto had a starting prospect the Sox are really high on, Santos is what it took to get him, and the bullpen is the area where the Sox have the most depth and can afford to let a guy go.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)
That's a good call.

Like it as well. These are the type of deals that need to made for the future of this organization.

I forgot about that. Hopefully this guy is as good as his numbers project, I have to admit I have never heard of the guy. Is there anyone with some knowledge of the Jays system that can give us an overview?

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prosp...11/2612251.html

phillip (long beach, ca): What is Nestor Molina's stuff? He is making double a look very easy.

Jim Callis: It's all solid: fastball, slider, changeup, occasional curveball. Not sure you'd call any of his offerings a plus pitch, but he mixes them well and moves the ball around the strike zone. Not the sexiest scouting report, but that's the type of guy who winds up in the big leagues.