Terry Doyle taken by Twins in Rule V

southsider2k5

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
Gio Gonzalez

Daniel Hudson

David Holmberg

Faustino De Los Santos

Need I continue?

Yes..please continue. I want to hear about all the all stars Kenny has traded. You have to admit for the most part the prospects the White Sox have traded have not come back to bite us.

Aaron Poreda

Brandon Mcarthy

Jeremy Reed

Lance Broadway

Joe Borchard

Royce Ring

Ryan Sweeney

Need I continue?

Now if you want to blame Kenny for a bad amatuer scouting staff I will agree. Or if you want to say he has taken on bad contracts, again I will agree. But you can not tell me our minor league system is bad because we have traded away great players who have gone on to be great pros. If anything the best thing Kenny Williams has done is convince other teams that his crappy prospects are worth something.

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)
Ryan Sweeney has been a pretty good player.

Not saying all of our prospects turn out great, but I don't think we've produced much below league average for success rate of "top" prospects. We have had some good ones in the past few years, you can't deny that.

Sweeney is a 4th outfielder at best. And you said that everytime the White Sox get rid of a guy he is an "Allstar" waiting to happen. That is not the case. Would I like to have Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Hudson on this team yes...But besides that the majority of the propects the white sox have traded have not panned out. The Sox did not get the worst farm system by trading a few guys away. Every year team trade prospects but they scout well enough to replace them. The White Sox draft poorly, they scout in Latin america poorly and it has forced the team to overpay MLB players and make trades.

If this happened only one year prior I would make a comment about how this guy would come back and bite us, but did you guys SEE the 2011 Minnesota Twins season? Not only was the caliber of player(s) horrendous and the health of their biggest superstars deteriorated, but that usual Twins magic and luck with seemingly anyone they called up and the home field advantage: GONE.

The White Sox and Twins will be in a battle next year, but it won't be first they're fighting for...

It's a good pickup for the Twins because they probably have the room to hide Doyle. With 4 open spots on the 40-man roster, you'd think the Sox would be able to protect Doyle. It's a disaster in that you lost a potentially valuable piece for nothing, but Doyle still has a ways to go. Good luck to him, there's a chance the Sox will get him back still as well. However, he's 26 so at that point if he doesn't make it he won't make it.

Okay, so let me get this straight. The Twins need arms so badly that they're going to keep a guy who wasn't even able to crack our top 10 prospects on their 25-man roster for a substantial period of time? They have to have a better option in their system somewhere, or is their farm more salt-laden than ours, even? Agree with Obama here, he will be back in Charlotte in May.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)
Okay, so let me get this straight. The Twins need arms so badly that they're going to keep a guy who wasn't even able to crack our top 10 prospects on their 25-man roster for a substantial period of time? They have to have a better option in their system somewhere, or is their farm more salt-laden than ours, even? Agree with Obama here, he will be back in Charlotte in May.

He may be back, sure. But once a guy is taken in the Rule 5, that guy will be given a longer look than other guys. All things equal with other pitchers, he'll make the team. We shall see.