The Dark Knight Rises thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:55 PM)

Bane should have killed Batman. And they could have kept the JGL ultimately taking over and I would have been satisfied by that. Just seeing Batman and Catwoman at the end, man that was garbage.

I don't understand how anyone found this ending a fitting conclusion to the trilogy.

You don't kill Batman. You just don't. Superheros don't get killed by their enemy. Him sacrificing himself to save Gotham > him dying at the hands of the bad guy.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)

You don't kill Batman. You just don't. Superheros don't get killed by their enemy. Him sacrificing himself to save Gotham > him dying at the hands of the bad guy.

"Batman" wouldn't have been killed, Bruce Wayne would have. Then JGL character would have been assumed to taking over that role based on what we saw at the end. This is definitely a different toned superhero series than what we have seen before and it would have been totally appropriate for the trilogy to end this way. Sorry, but seeing batman and catwoman together at the end (WTF is that about, shes a thief and blatantly killed people yet batman is cool with that?) was a huge letdown.)

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 05:08 PM)

"Batman" wouldn't have been killed, Bruce Wayne would have. Then JGL character would have been assumed to taking over that role based on what we saw at the end. This is definitely a different toned superhero series than what we have seen before and it would have been totally appropriate for the trilogy to end this way. Sorry, but seeing batman and catwoman together at the end (WTF is that about, shes a thief and blatantly killed people yet batman is cool with that?) was a huge letdown.)

yep

i thought the whole dark christopher nolan angle would have batman killed or at least severely injured to the point of worthlessness and JGL's character would take over from there. the batman and catwoman thing in the end was pretty damn lame too, it was so sweet that i had to get tested for diabetes afterwards. still a solid movie though, just a bit disappointing.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:55 PM)

Bane should have killed Batman. And they could have kept the JGL ultimately taking over and I would have been satisfied by that. Just seeing Batman and Catwoman at the end, man that was garbage.

I don't understand how anyone found this ending a fitting conclusion to the trilogy.

Ever read a comic book? Jeez. Watch something else, because your ending pisses in the face of everything Batman.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 12:16 AM)
Ever read a comic book? Jeez. Watch something else, because your ending pisses in the face of everything Batman.

It was weak Steve, and I think deep down you know it was kinda weak too but your love for Batman wont allow you to admit it. At the very least you can agree that

having Catwoman and Batman together at the end like that

really had no place in this movie.

and how can you not be a little disappointed in how Bane was taken out?

I guess I had higher expectations for this movie than you did.

Like I said, it wasn't a bad movie.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 12:39 AM)
It was weak Steve, and I think deep down you know it was kinda weak too but your love for Batman wont allow you to admit it. At the very least you can agree that

having Catwoman and Batman together at the end like that

really had no place in this movie.

and how can you not be a little disappointed in how Bane was taken out?

I guess I had higher expectations for this movie than you did.

Like I said, it wasn't a bad movie.

I had very high expectations, and they were exceeded. One could say Catwoman could have been left out entirely, though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 08:40 AM)
I had very high expectations, and they were exceeded. One could say Catwoman could have been left out entirely, though.

Really? She was one of the bright spots of the movie, I thought she did a great job in the scenes she was in.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 08:40 AM)

Could have left out Catwoman but Anne Hathaway NEEDED to be there.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 08:50 AM)
Could have left out Catwoman but Anne Hathaway NEEDED to be there.

Catwoman pissed me off. But the only reason for that is because I was angry that someone out there actually gets to bang Anne Hathaway.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:22 AM)
I'm not sure how everyone had trouble understanding him, I didn't have a problem whatsoever....

Same here. Maybe a line or two.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 08:50 AM)
Really? She was one of the bright spots of the movie, I thought she did a great job in the scenes she was in.

Ugh. Her goggles that flipped up to look like ears, I couldnt stand that.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)
Ugh. Her goggles that flipped up to look like ears, I couldnt stand that.

Her costume was very ehh, but is there anyway to design a good costume for Catwoman? I was just saying acting wise she was definitely great in the movie... and I'm one of the people that left a little unimpressed with it all.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 11:08 AM)
Her costume was very ehh, but is there anyway to design a good costume for Catwoman? I was just saying acting wise she was definitely great in the movie... and I'm one of the people that left a little unimpressed with it all.

I thought her costume was fine considering it's next to impossible to make a good Catwoman outfit, like you said. At least it wasn't Halle Berry's.

And her acting was phenomenal.

This has been bugging me...question with spoilers below.

So the bomb that went off was a fusion bomb. I'm not a physicist, but if this was a pure fusion reactor, it should have a blast radius far more substantial than a hydrogen bomb.

I've heard that that blast radius of the bomb was only 6 miles, which just does not seem right.

Thoughts?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 11:41 PM)
This has been bugging me...question with spoilers below.

So the bomb that went off was a fusion bomb. I'm not a physicist, but if this was a pure fusion reactor, it should have a blast radius far more substantial than a hydrogen bomb.

I've heard that that blast radius of the bomb was only 6 miles, which just does not seem right.

Thoughts?

I didn't put too much thought into that, because it was theoretical/non-existent technology that only existed in the movie.

Looks like The Dark Knight Rises will end up with just about $160 million it's opening weekend. Didn't quite make it to the Avengers which had something like $207 million, but it didn't have a 3D version like the Avengers, and also had to deal with the tragic shooting in Colorado which could've easily made some people want to wait to see it.

Edited by WilliamTell