Cowley: Bridges need to be rebuilt.

justBLAZE

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

Hit unfollow then and take your ass to a shiny, happy place. I'm sure Vanilla Ice across town can make u smile with his no-opinion opinions.

Well at least he finally admits they are opinions instead of news.

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
It sure does sound like Cowley is talking about his Twitter feed not his column.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
No way. That is his direct quote. I am just breaking stories that no one else in town will tell you.

Hit unfollow sure does sound like twitter-speak to me. But I don't follow the Sun Times.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
Cowley called out Beckham for being a headcase on twitter last night and Gordo was not happy about it.

I though't he just said "We'll see." At least that's what I saw.

gordonbeckham Gordon Beckham

@cst_Cowley:Beckham can be a standout player. I just don't know if that can happen with the Sox. He's too in his own head. WE WILL SEE JOE

22 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

gordonbeckham Gordon Beckham

“@BWBdaBRONCO: Beckham why are you givin a RT to sum1 who's saying you can't excel....CAUSE IM GOING TO PROVE HIM WRONG! boom

21 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Edited by DirtySox

Joe's an idiot, but, well, Gordon is pretty obviously in his head and has been for 2 seasons now... Went from a guy mashing to all fields to a guy who can't hit a BP fastball anymore.

Or to quote Hawk.. and I rarely do..

Pitchers, made an adjustment to him... Now its up to him to adjust to them...

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)

I stole my line directly from Blazing Saddles and changed the name.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
When we come back maybe some Hall and Oates and other songs....wait, I guess just more Hall and Oates

Although I do love some Hall & Oates.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 05:35 PM)
Or to quote Hawk.. and I rarely do..

Pitchers, made an adjustment to him... Now its up to him to adjust to them...

Does anyone think this description remotely fits what has happened to Beckham? I certainly don't. He's popping up or striking out on pitches that in 2009 he was hammering all over the park. The only adjustment pitchers have made is realizing that he's now a much easier out and they can just challenge him to put him away quickly.

Does anyone think this description remotely fits what has happened to Beckham? I certainly don't. He's popping up or striking out on pitches that in 2009 he was hammering all over the park. The only adjustment pitchers have made is realizing that he's now a much easier out and they can just challenge him to put him away quickly.

So, he is a bust then?

1/3 of the Sox starting line-up (Beckham, Dunn, Rios) are these seemingly fragile head cases. I really hope the Ozzie/Walker combo being gone helps them in some way, since mental issues can be helped by little things like that...

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
I think he can get back on track. Too much talent and a strong desire to make it work - not to

Supposedly the first two guys to the park every single day last year were Pierre and Walker....sometimes desire isn't enough if the talent doesn't shine through.