2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 04:43 PM)
NBA defensive ratings are a sham. It just so happens that players on good teams have better ratings and players on bad teams have worse ratings. There was nothing right with the Pistons the last many years.

That being said, Rip's no stopper, this whole argument is stupid and does nothing to lessen the fact that Ray Allen in a deal that loses Ronnie Brewer would not be some awful deal because we dealt Brewer.

Bingo. I would love Jesus Shuttlesworth on this team. Him and Rip on the floor at the same time makes Wade have to chase one, which he'll be too lazy to do.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
I would say the burden of proof is yours. There are plenty of stories about Hamilton shutting down Wade, and not the other way around. I'd say the people who are saying it isn't true owe the work here.

I'm pretty sure those stories were about Wade having trouble defending Hamilton, because Rip is constantly running around on offense. I'm never heard or read anything about Rip being a Wade stopper.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
I would say the burden of proof is yours. There are plenty of stories about Hamilton shutting down Wade, and not the other way around. I'd say the people who are saying it isn't true owe the work here.

I'm pretty sure those stories were about Wade having trouble defending Hamilton, because Rip is constantly running around on offense. I'm never heard or read anything about Rip being a Wade stopper.

that Ray Allen in a deal that loses Ronnie Brewer would not be some awful deal because we dealt Brewer.

Who said it would be awful?

If youre referring to me, I said it makes no sense because Brewer plays a valuable role for the Bulls and you could likely get Allen without him being added. I then said I dont even see why the Celtics would want Brewer so he probably has more value to the Bulls than to the Celtics. Thus it doesnt make sense to trade him.

You can disagree with that if you want, but I dont believe anyone said its an "awful" deal.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
Who said it would be awful?

If youre referring to me, I said it makes no sense because Brewer plays a valuable role for the Bulls and you could likely get Allen without him being added. I then said I dont even see why the Celtics would want Brewer so he probably has more value to the Bulls than to the Celtics. Thus it doesnt make sense to trade him.

You can disagree with that if you want, but I dont believe anyone said its an "awful" deal.

semantics

Saying it makes "no sense" when it actually makes perfect sense is "idiotic".

How are you getting Allen without Ronnie Brewer? In the NBA you have to match a certain amount of salary when you are over the cap. You could trade CJ Watson, but I doubt we would want to tie our boat to the JLIII dock. You would have to trade Omer + Taj + more to match Brewer's salary. The only deal that makes sense is Korver and Brewer, and really it makes a ton of sense because Rip then comes off the bench backing up SF and SG, which is Brewer's exact role with the team. Even Korver, Asik, Butler doesn't work, but that's a completely and utterly skull-f***ingly terribly idea for the Chicago Bulls. Allen to the Bulls won't happen, but the best way it could would be for Korver, Brewer, and a pick or two. Brewer doesn't carry a quarter of the value you portray on this board.

You can say "you could likely get Allen without him being added", as you did, but that just shows your complete lack of knowledge when it comes to the NBA, the Chicago Bulls, and how trades work.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 07:44 PM)
Eddy Curry in game.

Get's rebound. Immediate turnover.

Despite losing 100 pounds, still looks fat.

Eddy Curry was my favorite Bull between Jordan and Rose. Not kidding. He could score at will. It's a shame everything single thing besides that about him sucks.

Id need zoom to explain the facts, but Korver+ Brewer doesnt match Allen's salary, and i dont think that there is a rule that being 300k over the cap is any less than being 5mil over the cap.

Not to mention that Id want to move Boozer, so moving Boozer to another team could create a trade exception, etc.

But hey, keep making things up, I merely said it makes no sense to move Brewer for Allen when the Bulls are built on being a defensive team. It makes sense to move Korver/Hamilton for a more offensive player, but not Brewer.

In your opinion it makes sense, mine it doesnt, well see what the Bulls do, but Id be shocked if Brewer is moved for Allen.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
Eddy Curry was my favorite Bull between Jordan and Rose. Not kidding. He could score at will. It's a shame everything single thing besides that about him sucks.

How the hell did you ever like that guy?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 09:14 PM)
How the hell did you ever like that guy?

I really don't know. My guess is because he is still the best post scorer the Bulls have had in my lifetime. I have his autograph around here somewhere. It's an autographed ESPN the magazine by he and Tyson with them on the cover. Needless to say, it's pretty sweet.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
Id need zoom to explain the facts, but Korver+ Brewer doesnt match Allen's salary, and i dont think that there is a rule that being 300k over the cap is any less than being 5mil over the cap.

Not to mention that Id want to move Boozer, so moving Boozer to another team could create a trade exception, etc.

But hey, keep making things up, I merely said it makes no sense to move Brewer for Allen when the Bulls are built on being a defensive team. It makes sense to move Korver/Hamilton for a more offensive player, but not Brewer.

In your opinion it makes sense, mine it doesnt, well see what the Bulls do, but Id be shocked if Brewer is moved for Allen.

Christ dude. I'm not making things up. The numbers don't have to match. They're both over the cap. The salaries can be no more 125% going either way of the outbound deals...

Also, wanting to move Boozer is some dumbass s*** because no one is taking him. There's no reason for anyone to take Boozer and his years.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 09:52 PM)
My favorite Curry comment was by Scott Skiles: With the "air" Curry gets when he goes up for a rebound, you can barely slide a piece of notebook paper under his shoes.

My favorite was when they asked Skiles how Eddy could become a better rebounder and he responded with a simple "jump".

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)

1) Korver + Brewer for Allen works under the CBA, new and old.

2) So, you want to trade Boozer, but will hold onto Brewer for dear life?

Dear life?

Where have I ever said anything remotely close to that.

I said in a fantasy world where the Bulls could acquire these players Id try and not move Brewer.

Lets keep it in context, these are fantasy trades and I said I preferred Garnett in fantasy land anyways.

I dont know why anyone is seriously thinking this is going to happen.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
Christ dude. I'm not making things up. The numbers don't have to match. They're both over the cap. The salaries can be no more 125% going either way of the outbound deals...

Also, wanting to move Boozer is some dumbass s*** because no one is taking him. There's no reason for anyone to take Boozer and his years.

It's actually 150% under the new CBA. But Korver plus Brewer is $9.7 mil and Ray is $10 mil, it matches perfectly.

I don't want to move Brewer though, his defense is too valuable on this team.

Something like Korver + Watson and Picks would be ideal.

Do I need to even ask why the Celtics would trade Allen for that kind of return, or have we already clarified that this is a fantasy universe where this will never, ever happen?

Apologies if this has already been covered. The last few pages have been pretty absurd to read, so I've been zoning in and out.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)
Do I need to even ask why the Celtics would trade Allen for that kind of return, or have we already clarified that this is a fantasy universe where this will never, ever happen?

Apologies if this has already been covered. The last few pages have been pretty absurd to read, so I've been zoning in and out.

Draft picks.