2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
He's got 4 triple-doubles this season. No one else has more than 1. 15/20/14 right now for Rondo with a steal and a block.

And he has missed a ton of layups around the hoop. He's 6-18 from the floor and has regularly been right there.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 02:45 PM)
Lin against good teams is funny. I also like how Amare tries to one hand that putback dunk and blows it.

Lin against good teams with actual point guards is funny. I don't think it's coincidental he went off against the Mavs and Lakers. Derek Fisher and Jason Kidd are far too old to keep up with him. But when you stick Rondo on him, different story.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 02:46 PM)
And he has missed a ton of layups around the hoop. He's 6-18 from the floor and has regularly been right there.

I said that already. If 1/2 those layups go down, he's playing the best game of anyone this season.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 12:47 PM)
Lin against good teams with actual point guards is funny. I don't think it's coincidental he went off against the Mavs and Lakers. Derek Fisher and Jason Kidd are far too old to keep up with him. But when you stick Rondo on him, different story.

The first game he went off was against deron. Of course Deron went off on him the 2nd time.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)
The first game he went off was against deron. Of course Deron went off on him the 2nd time.

Williams and Rondo aren't in the same tier defensively. I think Rondo is the first great defensive point guard Lin has played against.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 02:52 PM)
Williams and Rondo aren't in the same tier defensively. I think Rondo is the first great defensive point guard Lin has played against.

I think we're overrating Rondo's defense here.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
I think we're overrating Rondo's defense here.

Rondo always has one of the highest STL% and DRtg among all players, not just point guards. He has more defensive win shares than he does offensive ones in his career.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 02:55 PM)
Rondo always has one of the highest STL% and DRtg among all players, not just point guards. He has more defensive win shares than he does offensive ones in his career.

Getting steals doesn't make you a great defensive player. Rondo gets steals because he's very aggressive in playing the passing lanes. Lin got by him quite a bit but couldn't finish in and around the paint. Rondo is quick, but a great defensive player he is not.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 03:57 PM)
Getting steals doesn't make you a great defensive player. Rondo gets steals because he's very aggressive in playing the passing lanes. Lin got by him quite a bit but couldn't finish in and around the paint. Rondo is quick, but a great defensive player he is not.

Rondo is able to take chances like that because the system is built for the team to win while he does that. If he overcommits and leaves a hole, then he's got Garnett behind him and formerly Perkins to clog up the lane and prevent too much damage from happening.

Nice win for the Lakers.

Looks like Miami needs Bosh pretty badly when they go up against other teams with some front court depth. The Heat have no depth up front after Haslem and Anthony.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
I know a lot of people will talk about the turnovers, but have you guys seen the Knicks statistics with him on the court vs. without him. It is a pretty ridiculous difference. He will always have high turnover numbers, part of that is D'Antoni's system, part of that he is an inexperienced rookie who at times plays a bit out of control. Plus, his handles are not near as good as some of the premiere PG's in the league.

It's almost like his backup is the corpse of Baron Davis

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
It's almost like his backup is the corpse of Baron Davis

Well, it was Mike Bibby, which is pretty close to the corpse of Baron Davis.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 02:54 PM)
3rd ever 15/15/15 game in NBA history, Kidd with the first 2.

Not sure where this was reported, but it's not true. Magic had 2 games with at least 15/15/15 while Larry Bird had another. Doesn't make it any less impressive, but still. I'd also be shocked if Oscar Robertson didn't have more than a few, considering he averaged 30.8 pts, 12.5 rebounds and 11.4 assists per game in '61-62.