2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 4, 2012 -> 09:51 PM)
Horrible execution, bad coaching. Nobody really stepped up late in the game. Plus, why didn't Watson play at all in the 4th?

JL3 did nothing but dribble out the shot clock and take horrible shots.

It's just reality. You don't win in this league without stars. The Bulls have no go-to guy. Nobody that can create something out of nothing. This isn't the Pistons or Wizards in February. Philly is a very energetic, long and athletic defensive team. The Bulls don't do that well with those types even with Rose.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:55 AM)
It's just reality. You don't win in this league without stars. The Bulls have no go-to guy. Nobody that can create something out of nothing. This isn't the Pistons or Wizards in February. Philly is a very energetic, long and athletic defensive team. The Bulls don't do that well with those types even with Rose.

Yep, I would have been so much more upset if they blew a lead like this with Rose still active. You watch this game, and it wasn't like it was one when the Bulls were winning that you thought "heck yes, they're back on track and going to blow through the rest of the playoffs".

QUOTE (Brian @ May 4, 2012 -> 09:50 PM)
Inexcusable, with or without Rose.

UH WHAT ABOUT WITHOUT ROSE, GIBSON, AND NOAH, AND WITH DENG PLAYING WITH ONE WRIST AND CLEARLY RUINED?

Jesus, get a clue.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
Yep, I would have been so much more upset if they blew a lead like this with Rose still active. You watch this game, and it wasn't like it was one when the Bulls were winning that you thought "heck yes, they're back on track and going to blow through the rest of the playoffs".

They need more play-makers and a little bit more athleticism. They more than compensate against most teams because of their size. But these track teams always give them fits.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 4, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
They need more play-makers and a little bit more athleticism. They more than compensate against most teams because of their size. But these track teams always give them fits.

They could just use Derrick Rose.

I hate to say it, but this is all on Thibs. He ran these players completely dead tired, and the team is breaking down in the playoffs. His balls to the walls, no-holds barred, must win every game attitude has caught up to him. You just can't play like that in a crazy season like this with b2b2b games and 4 games in 5 nights and 5 games in a week. Humans need f***ing rest.

I like the way Thibs coaches, but he did not adjust on the fly. The players are breaking down, and for good reason.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)

Obviously. I'm just saying. You look at the Miami series last year. You look at some of their losses this year: Grizzlies, Nuggets, Thunder. All track teams.

I hate to say it, but this is all on Thibs. He ran these players completely dead tired, and the team is breaking down in the playoffs. His balls to the walls, no-holds barred, must win every game attitude has caught up to him. You just can't play like that in a crazy season like this with b2b2b games and 4 games in 5 nights and 5 games in a week. Humans need f***ing rest.

I like the way Thibs coaches, but he did not adjust on the fly. The players are breaking down, and for good reason.

I agree here. Popovich was brilliant in how he was able to get through this season with his team physically unscathed.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 4, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
I noticed this as well.

Thats how its going to be, if the Bulls kept it close in game two they would've gotten those calls too, but they didnt. Gotta go out and win game 4. It had zero to do with bulls*** "athleticism" or any of that crap. Hard fought game, calls down the stretch at home.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2012 -> 10:12 PM)
Thats how its going to be, if the Bulls kept it close in game two they would've gotten those calls too, but they didnt. Gotta go out and win game 4. It had zero to do with bulls*** "athleticism" or any of that crap. Hard fought game, calls down the stretch at home.

Stop whining about the refs all the time. s*** is tired and played out. Take that crybaby s*** to the lame college thread. The Sixers have guys who can put the ball on the floor and make s*** happen. They were the more aggressive team in the 4th quarter.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 4, 2012 -> 10:15 PM)
Stop whining about the refs all the time. s*** is tired and played out. Take that crybaby s*** to the lame college thread. The Sixers have guys who can put the ball on the floor and make s*** happen. They were the more aggressive team in the 4th quarter.

LOL, dont quote me, I dont want my user name associated with horrible posts like yours.

hint to fellow Bulls fans, the postseason ended last Saturday, just a matter of if we can get past a garbage Philly team, pull an unlikely win vs Boston and eventually get a horrific stomping by Miami, we are done. Relax folks, it's over, I've accepted it and I'm at peace...

I agree with the poster who said Thibs has run the team down, what he does with Deng is inexcusable, you got Butler for f***s sake, use him you asshole!

/rant

Back to enjoying life.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 4, 2012 -> 10:44 PM)
Noah walked out of the XRay room on crutches, wearing a black cast, putting absolutely no weight on injured leg.

I see everyone reporting this, but what do we expect? "Noah does sprints after Bulls loss"

QUOTE (Jake @ May 4, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
I see everyone reporting this, but what do we expect? "Noah does sprints after Bulls loss"

Well I guess this is for those who were questioning the severity of Noah's injury. He done.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)

Gotta disagree with you slightly. Yeah, there were times where he rode players, particularly Deng, pretty hard and coulda sat them more at the ends of games. BUT they NEED any slight edge they can get in order to have a chance to beat the heat, particularly home court. So, I disagree with criticizing the need to go for the best record, but yeah, there were definitely times where certain players could be rested more, particularly with such a capable bench.

Anyways, I only watched maybe about 5 minutes of last game and none of this one. Just can't. Too depressing...