2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thunder, only three years removed from a 3-29 start that had them on pace for the worst record in NBA history, went through the only three West teams to reach the finals since 1998 - Dallas, the Los Angeles Lakers and San Antonio - to earn their shot at the title.

As a basketball fan, this is something that I should know. But reading this shocked the s*** out of me. Only three f***ing teams from the west have seen the finals since 23 shoved Byron Russell out of the way for #6. That is f***ing mind-boggling.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)
I know this probably sounds moronic, but I don't think they'd be having this success if they were still in Seattle.

Durant & Westbrook joined the team when it was still the SuperSonics. The GM Presti was there too, so he could have made the same or similar moves.

Man... Kevin Durant has a chance to win a ring at 23. Half their roster is 25 and younger. They went through 3 teams that Popovich put it best.. won 10 out of the last 13 NBA championships (has a chance to be 11 whoever wins the BOS/MIA series). We'll see what happens when certain guys get paid and good/awful trades, but they have a great chance to be a dynasty if all goes well. (certainly will be a top 3 team in the West for years, barring injury)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 02:26 AM)
As a basketball fan, this is something that I should know. But reading this shocked the s*** out of me. Only three f***ing teams from the west have seen the finals since 23 shoved Byron Russell out of the way for #6. That is f***ing mind-boggling.

That surprised the hell out of me too, but I guess it makes sense. The Spurs or Lakers won 9 titles in 12 years, with the Lakers finishing second twice in that span too.

I was just looking at the past NBA finals, since 1979 only 10 teams have won the NBA title. That number won't change this year, since MIA/BOS/OKC have all won since then.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 02:26 AM)

He did no such thing, how dare you :P

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 07:45 AM)
That surprised the hell out of me too, but I guess it makes sense. The Spurs or Lakers won 9 titles in 12 years, with the Lakers finishing second twice in that span too.

I was just looking at the past NBA finals, since 1979 only 10 teams have won the NBA title. That number won't change this year, since MIA/BOS/OKC have all won since then.

Yeah, I mean, I knew it before I read it. But reading it out loud just really surprised me for some reason.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 07:24 AM)
Man... Kevin Durant has a chance to win a ring at 23. Half their roster is 25 and younger. They went through 3 teams that Popovich put it best.. won 10 out of the last 13 NBA championships (has a chance to be 11 whoever wins the BOS/MIA series). We'll see what happens when certain guys get paid and good/awful trades, but they have a great chance to be a dynasty if all goes well. (certainly will be a top 3 team in the West for years, barring injury)

Not 2...not 3...not 4...not 5...

And Jordan's arm barely grazing russell has now become a shove lol

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
Not 2...not 3...not 4...not 5...

And Jordan's arm barely grazing russell has now become a shove lol

lol. 13 years later and Bulls fans still can't admit that MJ used his off hand to separate from Russell? It was hardly malicious. But it was there. Reggie pushed MJ to get free for his game-winner in the previous series. Superstars have, and always will, continue to get superstar calls. That's why I don't cry like a girl over calls that LeBron, Wade, Kobe, etc, get.

Edited by Jordan4life