2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 08:18 AM)
I don't hate Lin whatsoever, I just think that a tremendous amount of perspective has been lost in his small time in a Knick uniform. ESPN is now touting the Knicks as a title contender again because Lin lit up the Jazz, Wizards, Nets and Lakers. That is 3 lottery teams and a Lakers team that has completely lost its identity. Come on now, last night Magic Johnson said that he is a cross between Steve Nash and John Stockton. Are you f***ing serious? 4 games in the NBA after 2 years in the NBDL and all the sudden he is a cross between 2 of the top 50-75 players in NBA history? Hubie Brown couldn't stop gushing about his amazing court vision but didn't have much to say about his turnovers.

Yes, the way the kid has come out guns blazing is very impressive, but I very much agree that we are seeing a player that hasn't been looked at too much on tape by opposing coaches and there will be an adjustment coming that will probably change the way he plays the game. Remember Brandon Jennings huge run early last season that included a 55 point game? There was a lot of chatter about how good he was during that streak, and he ended up fading like Steve9347's stonewashed jeans(I know you wear them steve. Don't lie)

Plus, as previously mentioned, once Melo comes back Lin isn't gonna be putting up 20 shots anymore.

I prefer reading articles and opinions that can compliment the kid without the headline "Lin Dynasty OMGZ!!!!!!!". That's all

Apparently you don't watch much of the NBA since Jennings is having a great season and had a legit case to make the all star game.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 11:31 AM)
Apparently you don't watch much of the NBA since Jennings is having a great season and had a legit case to make the all star game.

Jennings is a chucker. Im not impressed, the guy is a me-first player and it doesnt look like that is changing anytime soon.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
If Lin has another solid game tonight, should we dismiss as "it was against another crap team"? :unsure:

I like how people are dismissing the Jazz as a lottery team, even though they're actually above .500.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 04:02 PM)
I like how people are dismissing the Jazz as a lottery team, even though they're actually above .500.

They're always a very tough team to play at home, but for whatever reason, they don't play well at all the road. Perhaps it's the quality of opponents they've faced on the road, I'm not sure.

edit: Also, claiming it's wrong to use the phrase "lottery team" for a team that would currently be in the lottery seems a little weird to me ;)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
They're always a very tough team to play at home, but for whatever reason, they don't play well at all the road. Perhaps it's the quality of opponents they've faced on the road, I'm not sure.

edit: Also, claiming it's wrong to use the phrase "lottery team" for a team that would currently be in the lottery seems a little weird to me ;)

They're also two wins from not being in the lottery.

Usually, when people say lottery teams, they mean teams that suck really badly. If the Jazz didn't play in the West, they'd be a playoff team.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 06:16 PM)
Lin is in a zone right now. That's all it is. If he wasn't a Knick or Asian, nobody would care about this. Can he play in the NBA? Maybe. I don't really think he can. But I'd consider him the overachiever of overachievers if he were to be even the next Kirk Hinrich.

I don't know. How many guys go from nearly being cut to a run like this in a matter of days?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 06:38 PM)
Which is what makes it a nice story. I don't deny that. But this is ridiculous. The headline in the NY post the other day was "Kobe vs Lin." Are you serious? Don't insult one of the 10 best players to ever lace 'em up like that.

That headline was crap but Lin outscored KB, I found that amusing.l

We all know that this offensive streak he is on is unsustainable, but I do think he can be productive in the NBA, 14/7/4 isn't out of the question in the right system, not spectacular but solid.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
Nope :(

12 offensive rebounds though :notworthy (admittedly on a lot of his own misses)

lol@your sig. That's almost as bad as when Duke said he wouldn't trade Deng for Dwight straight up.

Oh, and save the Knicks crap, people. That was a prediction gone terribly wrong. Not the first and it won't be the last bad prediction I make. But Dwight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Deng.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)
lol@your sig. That's almost as bad as when Duke said he wouldn't trade Deng for Dwight straight up.

Oh, and save the Knicks crap, people. That was a prediction gone terribly wrong. Not the first and it won't be the last bad prediction I make. But Dwight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Deng.

How is that even a prediction? That's straight up fact.

Ricky Rubio literally just got T'd up for running into a screen. You can't make this up.

edit: hahaha and the Knicks didn't even get the ball back after the technical free throw. What the f***?

edit2: The ref apparently admitted after the fact that he got confused who should get the ball after the free throw. Seriously, you can't make this up.

Edited by Felix