2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derrick's 3 point shot looks great. He's getting more elevation on it and it's actually got some arc now.

And Noah's jump shot looks pretty good. He missed that 22 footer, but the one he hit about 18 feet by the base line was encouraging.

They need to stop letting Boozer switch on to Kobe. God that was awful.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
can someone get Kobe a uniform that fits?

I guess only the West will be interesting because the East is already decided.

Pretty much. I'll be shocked if the Heat don't win at least 52 games. Their athleticism is even more incredible now with a healthy Haslem from jump and Battier. The west has at least 5 teams that could win it (Thunder, Clippers, Grizzlies, Lakers, Mavs). Denver and Portland should make basketball life miserable for most teams as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
Team ****heads built a 35 point lead in this game, and yet Bosh, Wade, and James were all still on the court with 3:00 left. They finally sat down and Dallas's reserves cut a 20 point lead to 11 in those 3 minutes.

There's what, 65 more to go?

The Heatles will be dead tired.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 06:46 PM)
The Heatles will be dead tired.

And we're not going to really see that for a few weeks. That's when it'll really take a toll. That team can't hold without the big 3 on the court but this season is going to mandate depth.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
Team ****heads built a 35 point lead in this game, and yet Bosh, Wade, and James were all still on the court with 3:00 left. They finally sat down and Dallas's reserves cut a 20 point lead to 11 in those 3 minutes.

There's what, 65 more to go?

I dont see the problem in it. With the small camp, they are probably just getting their work in. Everyone said it might be sloppy to start because of the layoff so why not take advantage of a 35 point lead to try to knock off some rust. Kinda like a pitcher coming back from a long layoff and getting bombed in the first 2 innings but he keeps throwing to work on stuff.

If this was in February or March then I could see your point.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)
I dont see the problem in it. With the small camp, they are probably just getting their work in. Everyone said it might be sloppy to start because of the layoff so why not take advantage of a 35 point lead to try to knock off some rust. Kinda like a pitcher coming back from a long layoff and getting bombed in the first 2 innings but he keeps throwing to work on stuff.

If this was in February or March then I could see your point.

Speaking of sloppy, the Bulls haven't looked very sharp in this game

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
The Bulls have no athletes other than Rose. Taj is semi-athletic. The Lakers are getting any shot they want for the most part.

I would call Deng rather athletic although MIA this half