2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 26, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
I'm not a Bulls fan by any means, but I'm embarrassed by their defensive performance thus far.

They played like crap against GS last year too.

GS and Toronto give the Bulls fits on defense.

Stephen Curry has 15 points, 6 assists, 6 steals and 3 rebounds on 4-of-5 shooting in the first half. That's really, really, really, REALLY good.

Bulls had 14 turnovers in the half (leading to 16 points), including at least two from each of their five starters.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 26, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)
Stephen Curry has 15 points, 6 assists, 6 steals and 3 rebounds on 4-of-5 shooting in the first half. That's really, really, really, REALLY good.

Bulls had 14 turnovers in the half (leading to 16 points), including at least two from each of their five starters.

In other hilariously small sample sized (and mostly meaningless) first half stats, Kwame Brown was +18 in 13 minutes.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 26, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
They played like crap against GS last year too.

GS and Toronto give the Bulls fits on defense.

I forgot about that game where they blew the Warriors out at home.

But yeah, they sucked at Golden State last season.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 26, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)

His stat line was ridiculous tonight. Although I will admit I've always had a man crush on him and his potential. Brought him up several times last year. (Ellis is/was holding him back on touches, or controlling the point last season, looks much better under Jackson in letting Curry go in the half court while still getting his)

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 26, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
How's that for you efficieny lovers :)

4/17, 1/8 from 3.

etc.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 02:08 AM)
His stat line was ridiculous tonight. Although I will admit I've always had a man crush on him and his potential. Brought him up several times last year. (Ellis is/was holding him back on touches, or controlling the point last season, looks much better under Jackson in letting Curry go in the half court while still getting his)

21 points, 10 assists, 7 rebounds, 6 steals on 7 of 12 shooting. That's just absurd. It still boggles my mind how ANYONE could have looked at Jonny Flynn and Stephen Curry coming out of college and picked Flynn ahead of him. Mindnumbingly stupid.

Edited by Felix

Was at the game. Scalabrine did a 360 dunk in warm ups.

Bulls looked out the entire game, until the last five minutes, then they suddenly became great.

Ronnie Brewer needs to make damn free throws.

I hate Kwame Brown. Also, he looks like a chicken.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
I hate Kwame Brown. Also, he looks like a chicken.

He played pretty well last night off the bench. I only watched the first half, but he had some quality minutes for the Warriors.

1) it's clear that GS has their number. The bulls can't resist playing that up tempo game and we can't keep up or seem to slow it down.

2) It seems thibidou is trying to run the offense away from rose a lot more. At the moment it doesn't look like everyone is on the same page. I also think there seems to be a tendency with some of the guys to want to show off what they worked on in the summer, and a lot of that is 1-on-1. They haven't had a chance to see if it's successful in the NBA live action games, and I think that's taking away from the flow of our offense.

I'm surprised that our team, which has been largely the saame for 3 years, is the team that looks so out of synch, but west coast trips have always had the tendency to do that to us.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
I'm surprised that our team, which has been largely the saame for 3 years, is the team that looks so out of synch, but west coast trips have always had the tendency to do that to us.

They were solidly in sync for the circus trip last year, but that was after 1.5 months of practice/games, not 2 weeks.

They've always had the most trouble against GS. In fact.. it was that team that gave Rose the most fits last year. (I believe he had 9 turnovers in a game, by far his worst) There is always one team in the NBA a contender just can't figure out. (whether that is scheme, athleticism/youth, etc.. it happens)

Edited by SoxAce