2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Stop what? The Bulls were getting spanked when I made that post. The Lakers missed a bunch of FTs, turned the ball over, got f***ed with a no-travel call on Deng (Nobody will complain about that of course) and came back and won. Good for them.

Rose4life

:wub:

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)
This is just baiting now, god made the ignore list for a reason.

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
While training to become a turnaround teacher, I learned the ins and outs of a classroom management technique called DO NOT ENGAGE. I usually use it when kids twice my size try to intimidate me or otherwise act out in class.

Now I see that it can be used here on SoxTalk as well.

Thanks for helping me get my money's worth, J4L.

This is all wonderful. Just put me on ignore and I'm a distant memory (well, unless somebody else quotes me, which pretty much negates the ignore feature). The Bulls won. This is good. I can't help it if you guys took me saying the Bulls have no athletes other than Rose meaning they have 10 Bill Wenningtons. In today's NBA, elite athleticism is a must at more than just one position.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)
Anyways, athleticism isn't the be all end all of basketball, Miami Heat>>>Mavericks on athleticism, how on earth did the beat Miami?

1986 Boston Celtics, maybe the best team ever, athletically challenged.

What? 1986? What's next? Bill Russell could dominate in today's game? Miami lost because they choked away a 15 point lead with 6 minutes left in game 2 and LeBron got scared in the 4th quarter for whatever reason. That still doesn't change the fact that in this era with zone defenses and such that athleticism and versatility is more important than ever.

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
rose got hacked by gasol on that last shot, no call of course

There were a lot of no calls in the game. Both sides had them and of course, it looked like Deng traveled on the game-winning possession.

Moot point I guess.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
What? 1986? What's next? Bill Russell could dominate in today's game? Miami lost because they choked away a 15 point lead with 6 minutes left in game 2 and LeBron got scared in the 4th quarter for whatever reason. That still doesn't change the fact that in this era with zone defenses and such that athleticism and versatility is more important than ever.

Excuses excuses. You sound like a Bulls fan......

The last 5 NBA champs (Spurs, Lakers 2, BOS, DAL) had all this elite athleticism where? Kobe and.....Lamar? Or Big Fundamentals and....Tony Parker? Garnett and....Pierce? Tyson Chandler and....Jason Terry? I am sorry, I don't see much elite athleticism outside of 1 guy.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)
The last 5 NBA champs (Spurs, Lakers 2, BOS, DAL) had all this elite athleticism where? Kobe and.....Lamar? Or Big Fundamentals and....Tony Parker? Garnett and....Pierce? Tyson Chandler and....Jason Terry? I am sorry, I don't see much elite athleticism outside of 1 guy.

uhh....Jason.Kidd.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)

Thank you. While I agree with J4L that the athleticism on this team besides Rose and Noah/Brewer to an extent is sub par, there is more to the game (and what it takes to win) than just freak athletes. Oh and Pierce isn't that athletic, and KG lost alot of hops. I would say Rondo is by far on that team.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 26, 2011 -> 07:02 AM)
The Bulls need more athleticism. f*** the wins. Bring back Tyrus Thomas. He's an athletic freak.

While athleticism is nice, and if we are gonna go extremes, gimme fundamentally sound high BBall IQ players, (Bird, Magic, Stockton, Nowitzki, Duncan) over athletic freaks of nature...

And if you have a time machine, I bet the 86 Celtics would be pretty successful in this era too.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

This free league pass preview owns.

Also, the Bulls are playing incredibly sloppy basketball so far. I imagine most teams will have stretches like this thanks to the condensed schedule.

Edited by Felix

8 first quarter turnovers for the Bulls, and a lucky bounce from Watson on their last play away from being 9. Not pretty, thus far.

Wonder how many 30 point quarters they allowed last season... couldn't have been too many.

EDIT: From a quick look at a few games last season, I guess it was more common than I expected. Whatever, I guess.

Edited by Felix

They're just getting murdered right now. I'm not sure if Golden State is playing good D or if the Bulls are just playing sloppy (in reality, it's probably a combination of both), but 9 turnovers is inexcusable.

Golden State also has 13 assists on 15 baskets. Great ball movement, so far.